The Education Director is responsible for coordinating the Educational component of the agency. In conjunction with the Administrative team, the Education Director has responsibility for monitoring the on-going activities of the Universal Pre-K Education Program funded by the New York City Board of Education.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct supervision of all education staff
- Ensure children’s activities are age appropriate and follow Head Start Child Outcome Framework especially in the following Domains & Domain Elements:
- Responsible for enhancing the skills of the teaching staff
- To work in partnership with other components to ensure the delivery of quality comprehensive services
- To work in conjunction with the Board of Education for transition of children going into kindergarten from UPK and Non-UPK classrooms
- To ensure 10% of children enrolled are diagnosed as special needs
- To develop and maintain a record keeping system
- To implement and participate in all scheduled meetings
- Responsible for implementing the Personnel Policies, Educational Plans, Performance Standards and Job Descriptions
- Comfortable working with funding agencies such as DOH, DOE, ACS and Headstart.
- Familiarity with Headstart/Early Learn Preschool Program Requirements
Candidates must a Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree preferred in Education with NYS certification (B-2) and at least two years teaching experience.
Full Benefit Package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.