Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS is looking for a designer to join our in-house team who can successfully create and execute projects within digital, print and video. In this multidisciplinary role, you'll help us expand and enhance the ways we tell our story and connect with supporters and donors.
The designer helps establish a compelling, comprehensive visual expression for a wide variety of Broadway Cares events and projects across offline and online platforms. The designer will be responsible for concepting and executing print and digital designs, as well as motion-based and illustrated pieces. The designer must be comfortable brainstorming conventional as well as unconventional ideas to find the winning solution for the marketing and production needs of the project.
The designer must have demonstrated skills in creating and executing design concepts across multiple platforms; extensive knowledge in Adobe Design Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and After Effects; a portfolio with impressive examples of print, illustration, motion graphics, animation and digital campaigns.
Chosen candidate must possess understanding of and commitment to helping those affected by HIV/AIDS, to Broadway Cares and the theatre community and to being an ambassador for Broadway Cares, its objectives, services and personality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce compelling campaigns for Broadway Cares events and projects that can adapt for all media
- Organize and execute post-production of motion-based imagery design projects working closely with our in-house video team
- Finalize presentation of material for delivery
- Lead animation and storyboarding
- Work with production, development and communications staffs to meet marketing, promotion and media deadlines
- Conceptualize, execute or assist in general design jobs as needed (e.g. creating digital media including social campaigns, event banners, posters, postcards, invitations, signage, program ads, etc.)
- Assist in design maintenance of broadwaycares.org, classicalaction.org and dradance.org as needed (e.g. supplying photos, logos, etc.)
- Participate with the entire Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS staff in facilitating the audience appeals that take place on Broadway for two six-week fundraising periods
- Participate in major and minor fundraising events, some of which occur in the evening and on weekends
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience in a design position, preferably at an in-house agency or nonprofit
- A finely tuned eye for typography and design
- A keen awareness of consumer and design trends
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Design Suite
- Knowledge of printing and prepress procedures
- Knowledge of and experience in photography, video and social media, a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to actively participate in problem resolution, reacting positively and quickly to changing dynamics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to work within strict deadlines, both independently and with a close-knit team
- Ability to implement promotional plans
- Self-motivated creative mind
- Passionate about making a difference with a comprehensive understanding of and commitment to Broadway Cares’ mission
- Flexibility, drive and a sense of humor
- An affection for dogs
If interested please apply by sending a cover letter, your resume and a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply by sending a cover letter, your resume and a link to your online portfolio