4700 Walnut St
KGNU, an award winning 40 year old community radio station serving Boulder, Denver, and the Colorado Front Range, seeks an energetic, committed, highly organized, and extraordinarily personable Membership Coordinator.
The Membership Coordinator forms part of our development team, serving under the general supervision of the Community Development Director, reporting to the Station Manager upon request, and works with a paid staff of eight, more than 300 volunteers, and is responsible for implementing and overseeing the activities of the Membership Department, which provides 60-70 percent of the station’s annual operating income.
The Membership Coordinator focuses on membership retention, cultivation, and growth, identifying prospects for new member acquisition to meet annual revenue goals for the membership program and assists with formulating analysis and proposals for the strategic growth of the program.
Oversee all on air membership campaigns: sets up systems, provides forms, guidance, trains and organizes volunteers to take donor information during four annual membership drives.
- Coordinate, plan and implement all on-air membership campaigns (x4) in cooperation with station staff.
- Assist the communications team in developing effective themes and messaging for all on-air fundraising drives, promos, web, social media, direct mail campaigns, etc.
- Write pitch points and script materials
- Manage the Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR monthly giving) program: proactively collect current credit card information; process annual premiums, send anniversary notices and other notification letters/emails; make changes to donor giving as requested
- Manage all direct mail campaigns, enlisting volunteer help as needed.
- Oversee writing and mailing of thank-you letters, membership cards and tax receipts for all gifts made to KGNU
- Track inventory, order and mail thank-you gifts related to fundraising
- Assist with prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, and acquisition of contributions from individuals, businesses and organizations
- Assist with expanding the Member Benefits Program
- Assist with developing effective outreach strategies to increase membership
Maintain the membership database (MemSys), tracking 5000-plus members/contributors, producing and analyzing regular reports, daily data entry, maintaining the integrity and security of the database and PCI compliance.
- Create and update member and donor history; assure donor confidentiality; proactively create regular reports and provide analysis
- Gather data, analyze cost and labor efficiencies and recommend improvements in membership procedures
- Assess all campaign results based on acquired data
- Use comprehensive database analysis to determine key opportunities for targeted fundraising success
Coordinate volunteer front desk receptionists, assist visitors to the station and ensure that listener-member complaints, suggestions and compliments are received and forwarded to relevant staff.
- Train and schedule a wide variety of volunteers to assist the membership department, front desk and general office tasks
- Assist with events as needed
- Write and communicate volunteer job descriptions
Track all incoming revenue arriving to the station, marking account numbers, preparing weekly deposits and maintaining all records, running/updating credit cards, setting up and cancelling Automatic Fund Transfers, batch reports, etc.
Serve on committees as recommended by the Station Manager.
Additional duties may be assigned by the Station Manager.
- 2 years of related experience
- Extraordinary customer service skills, with positive and personable presence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- High proficiency in office suites; excel, word, google docs/drive,
- Demonstrated experience maintaining membership/customer databases (MemSys, Salesforce, Allegiance, BlackBaud, Razor´s Edge, or similar)
- Experience using MailChimp, Constant Contact, Vertical Response or similar electronic newsletter interfaces
- Ability to develop strategies to meet revenue objectives, track results, generate accurate reports and recommend future direction
- Proven ability to carry out multiple activities and responsibilities in one job
- Proven Project Management experience
- Prior experience in non-profit membership fundraising, membership or marketing
- Proven track record working effectively and enthusiastically in collaboration with a wide variety of people of all ages and backgrounds, both in groups and one-to-one;
- Available to work outside of regular hours during fundraising campaigns and events
- Bilingual Spanish and English
- Fundraising and accounting background.
- Experience in Moves Management, donor cultivation
- Demonstrated commitment to independent media
- Prior experience working in community or public radio
- Experience developing and editing multimedia, photos, graphics, audio or video, materials
- Demonstrated experience working with and coordinating volunteers.
KGNU is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. KGNU is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity and environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. We strongly encourage applications from all genders, people of color, and people with disabilities.
A comprehensive health insurance and a generous, flexible vacation policy. RTD pass included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING:
Please submit a cover letter, current up to date resume, three professional references. In your cover letter please explain how you are qualified for the position, what your vision is for the KGNU Membership Department and how you would plan to grow the KGNU Membership Base. Please address how the skills and qualifications that you possess will help you lead the KGNU Membership Department into a new era.
Cover Letters should be limited to 2 pages maximum.
Submissions should be made by email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org and directed to the KGNU Search Committee.
No phone calls please.
An automatic confirmation will be sent to each individual who submits an application. Subsequently, ONLY APPLICANTS INVITED TO INTERVIEW FOR THE POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY EMAIL OR PHONE BETWEEN AUGUST 17–24.