200 Liberty Street
The Visitor Services Manager is part of a larger management team that oversees the overall daily operation of the Visitor Services (“VS”) department which includes the Ticket Office, the Museum entry, on the Memorial Plaza and within the Museum. The VS Management team oversees the VS Supervisors, VS Associates and VS Volunteers to ensure visitors to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum have a safe, educational and beneficial experience.
The VS Manager is expected to have a wide range of proficiencies across all operational functions. These functions will include but are not limited to: scheduling, training, inventory/cash management & controls, volunteer management & payroll/human resources management. While these functions will be the responsibility of the entire VS Management Team, each member of that team will have one primary focus.
- Manage, motivate and develop the Visitor Services team to ensure the 9/11 Memorial & Museum visitor service standards are met.
- Prepare daily operating plan including distribution of all relevant, accurate and updated information.
- Develop & administer staff training programs.
- Act as “Manager on Duty” for all Visitor Services Operations when scheduled.
- Ensure all staff including volunteers are adhering to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum policies, procedures and systems.
- Work with VS Supervisors to maintain aesthetics both within the Museum & on the Memorial Plaza.
- Maintain presence in the operation including providing support for VS Supervisory team on the floor.
- Monitor staff performance and conduct appraisals as well as disciplinary meetings.
- Handle visitor concerns, comments, and complaints that cannot be settled at the supervisory level.
- Work with other Museum departments on special projects or events.
- Handle a large variety of complex tasks and prioritize workflow in a fast-paced office environment.
- Promote a healthy work environment for the Visitor Services department.
- Represent the Vice President, Visitor Services as required.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is required.
- Training in Galaxy Point of Sale is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of three year’s management experience at an attraction, point of destination or public venue.
- Previous visitor services experience in museums, theater, or attractions is required.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of hiring, training and motivating diverse staff and volunteers.
- Ability to recognize the importance of responsibility, authority and accountability.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- A willingness to work non-traditional hours.
- Think independently, take initiative, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and determine priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and well-organized.
- Hands-on leadership and strong motivational skills, coupled with a professional and flexible manner.
- Understanding and comfort with coaching, training and the development process.
- Excellent people skills and ability to interact well with a wide range of people and personalities of all levels within and outside the 9/11 Memorial & Museum.
- Must adhere to a policy of strict confidentiality in terms of information regarding 9/11 victims, bid documents, security and life safety incidents, and labor relations.
- This is a full-time position.
- We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please visit our web site at www.911memorial.org
- Include job title in the email subject field.
- Please state the location where job posting was seen.
- Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National September 11 Memorial & Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.