Details: Salary is negotiable depending upon experience.
388 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn For Peace is looking for a part-time bookkeeper to help us continue to organize and educate Brooklyn residents on how they can work for the elimination of war and the social injustices which give rise to it. The bookkeeper will report to the Treasurer of Brooklyn For Peace, and work with long-time peace activist volunteers, some with jobs elsewhere, and some who are giving time in their retirement to the cause of anti-militarism.
You should be an experienced bookkeeper, with a good working knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel, and comfortable working with data and web-based applications.<img src="//:0" alt="DRAFT" height="519" width="491">
The bookkeeper's normal working hours will be 6 hours per week in our office in downtown Brooklyn. However, additional hours, as many as twenty hours per week or more, will be required during our fundraising drive and tax-filing season. Hourly rate is negotiable.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Track income through contributions and sales of fund-raising items.
· Make deposits, issue checks (upon approval by Treasurer), maintain payroll records for fewer than five employees, reconcile bank statements and credit card transactions.
· Prepare and submit quarterly NYS and federal payroll report, annual NYS Sales Tax, and annual federal W-2, W-3, 1096,and 1099.
· Prepare monthly and end of year financial reports for the Board, showing year-to-date figures against budget projections.
· In collaboration with the Treasurer, prepare a draft budget for Board approval.
· Other duties as required.
· Proficiency in using QuickBooks, Excel and web-based software systems
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. Experience with not-for-profit organizations and reporting requirements required
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work independently as well as on a team
Minimum Education Required