708 3rd Avenue
Position: Coordinator, Events
Location: New York Office
Reporting to: VP of Development
The EastWest Institute (EWI) is a fiercely independent international policy organization founded in 1980 to help prevent conflict and promote international cooperation in solving seemingly intractable peace and security issues. EWI is known for its record of accomplishments, action bias and results-driven mandate, as well as for its commitment to facilitating cooperation between developing and developed nations.
Basic Purpose and Function:
Under the supervision of the VP, Development the Coordinator, Events is responsible for planning, coordinating, and/or supporting important EWI events, including Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings, the Annual Gala, and other programmatic events.
- Budget, plan, and coordinate activities related to the Executive Committee and Board meetings.
- Develop and monitor events budgets to ensure revenue and expenses are kept within established boundaries.
- Review financial information for accuracy, such as invoices for services, and final event financial report.
- Research, evaluate, inspect sites, and establish contract specifications for meetings and special events.
- Coordinate and oversee the negotiation of domestic and international contracts for hotels, meeting space, audiovisual, and transportation vendors.
- Work with EWI Communications team on design and printing of invitations, signage, programs, and meeting materials for Board and Executive Committee meetings, galas, and other special events.
- Aid in the coordination of Board meeting materials.
- Manage meeting preparation process and serve as the main liaison for EWI board members, guests, and others at
- Ensure seamless execution of EWI events on site
- Conduct site visits prior to events to meet with partner organizations, venue contacts and to inspect meeting sites
- Coordinate in-house EWI events including invitations, tracking, room set-up, tent cards, food and beverage, and execution.
- Serve as member of EWI Development event team;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Vice President, Development;
- Other duties as assigned.
• BA degree, MA preferred;
• 4 – 7 years of experience, specifically with events planning and management / day to day development operations;
• Not for profit / fundraising / events experience required;
• Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and attentive to deadlines;
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Microsoft office, Excel PowerPoint proficiency
• The ability to deal with a high level of pressure and to handle multiple tasks at a time;
• Experience with Salesforce database;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with different levels of EWI management and staff worldwide;
• Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work in an international environment;
• Proactive, able to work without close supervision;
• Enthusiastic, positive attitude, creative;
• Attention to detail a must
• Ability to travel domestic and international.
The EWI hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at www.eastwest.ngo/careers.
No third parties and/or phone calls.