1011 First Ave.
Partnership Schools (PNYC) is looking for a Director of Special Projects and Communications. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, organized, has a passion for education reform, and is ready to dive into a fast paced, exciting entrepreneurial work environment.
PNYC is a pioneering school management organization (SMO) that is shaping the next generation of urban Catholic education. Granted operational management in 2013 of six long-standing Pre-K to 8th grade schools in the South Bronx and Harlem, PNYC is committed to providing students in historically underserved neighborhoods with the academic preparation, values, and skills they need to excel.
The historic success of urban Catholic schools stems not only from a rigorous tradition of academic excellence, but also from an emphasis on developing self-worth, moral character, a love of learning, and a sense of civic responsibility—all part of our long-standing commitment to educating the whole child. The Partnership is unique in knitting this tradition together with lessons from high-achieving public, charter, and independent schools, in the service of our students.
For more than twenty years, PNYC has raised and invested over $200 million in urban Catholic schools. Today, as an SMO, PNYC is intensifying its efforts to break the cycle of poverty and close the achievement gap across our network schools.
PNYC currently serves over 2,100 students across the network
● 99.4% of the students are minority
● 65% of the students are Catholic
At PNYC, we believe all children can achieve at the highest levels. We are eager to meet candidates that are excited and motivated by the challenge of building from the ground up. If you are interested in serving as a pioneer in education and share an unwavering commitment to raising student achievement and an appreciation and respect for Catholic culture, identity, and values, we want to hear from you!
The Director of Special Projects and Communications is an integral member of the Partnership team who reports directly to the Superintendent. Your role is outward facing as you work not only with members of the academic team, but coordinate across teams within the organization and with our teachers and leaders in the schools. The ideal candidate will be driven by a commitment to the overall mission and success of the organization, a strong desire to learn the inner-workings of a non-profit organization and a general interest in new educational models and education reform.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Manage all PNYC social media and websites
• Write and edit foundation proposals and reports
• Write and edit blog posts on topics related to school choice, school oversight and management, and the Catholic schools advantage
• Manage tri-annual board meeting communications and presentations
• Work on ad hoc projects related to school accountability, oversight, and network management
• Plan and manage special events to engage foundations, private donors, and thought partners
● Deep respect for and commitment to preserving and building upon the legacy of urban Catholic education.
● Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of our network.
● Bachelor's degree.
● Experience in the field of education.
● Excellent organizational skills.
● Keen attention to detail and nearly flawless execution on tasks.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask effectively and prioritize strategically.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to apply constructive feedback.
● Maturity, humility, and a "roll-up-my-sleeves," scrappy attitude.
● Flexible and a sense of humor.
● Handle items of a sensitive nature with discretion.
● Proficient in the Microsoft Suite, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and willingness to learn new programs.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Partnership Schools offers a benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer organization that values diversity.
Minimum Education Required