Details: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and education.
1906 Pearl Street
Job Description: The Facilities Director is responsible for the oversight and support of the College Houses maintenance program. This position’s primary functions are to ensure the buildings and facilities are maintained, initiate and oversee major repairs and renovations and to ensure functioning of life-safety systems. This is a full-time, exempt position.
A. Maintenance Programs and Management
· Responsible for development and management of a comprehensive preventative maintenance program.
· Responsible for general oversight of house maintenance programs to include monitoring of maintenance expenses and equipment.
· Maintain and update Property Condition Assessments.
· Make recommendations to ED and Board on major repairs and facility updates and coordinate projects. Coordinate Capital Improvement projects.
· Oversee requests for bids, manage and maintain contact with contractors.
· Maintain maintenance records of projects, repairs and costs.
· Coordinate fire, safety, boiler, elevator and code-related inspections and others as needed.
· Perform in-house maintenance including but not limited to basic plumbing, carpentry, mechanical maintenance, landscaping and waste disposal.
C. Supervise facilities staff
· Hire, train and supervise Facilities Assistant.
· Develop and oversee summer and interim work crew programs.
D. Additional Support
· Act as primary support for Facilities Committee: prepare and distribute agendas, materials and meeting minutes on a regular basis.
· Strong commitment to College House’s mission
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma required
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; knowledgeable and skilled in maintenance and facilities upkeep and planning
· Basic understanding of carpentry, plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems
· Ability to lift 50 pounds, ability to climb ladders and work in high elevations as needed
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work occasional evenings and flexible hours as well as be on-call as required
· Must maintain a current drivers license and a clean driving record
College Houses offers a competitive benefits package including full medical and dental insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays and flexible hours.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to ED@CollegeHouses.org or Executive Director, College Houses, 1906 Pearl Street, Austin, TX 78705 by or before noon on March 7, 2018.