Foundations is a non-profit organization committed to improving the quality of educational opportunities within schools, after school, with families, and in communities.
The Center for Afterschool and Expanded Learning, the Out-of-School Time division of Foundations, Inc., provides capacity-building professional development, technical assistance, resources and curricula that promote and support children’s learning and healthy development. Staff members work in a team-based environment and share responsibility for various projects. The Center’s work covers all topics and areas found within out-of-school. Learn more at www.foundationsinc.org.
This position requires regional and national travel, depending on client needs, up to 40%. The Education Specialist III, Project Manager’s primary purpose is to support the organization in the following key areas:
Curriculum and Content Development
Areas - including, but not limited to:
- Traditional Academic: Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Science (all disciplines), Social Studies (all disciplines), Physical Education, Art, Music, etc.
- School and OST Operations: Human Resources, Budgeting, Family Engagement, etc.
- Plan, design, develop, coordinate and implement courses and lessons as it relates to a particular contract, client or internal need
- Work with team members and clients to write and design training curricula, materials, and programs including functional technical skills, leadership development, and new initiatives
- Determine course objectives and identify related knowledge, skills and abilities which lead to the achievement of training and teaching objectives
- Lead and/or participate in ad hoc committees made up of those concerned with key subject-matter expertise and supported agency requirements
- Initiate content changes and develop different approaches and methods of instruction to improve and achieve course/program objectives
- Coordinate the planning and preparation of curriculum proposals
- Plan, design, develop and pilot curricula designed for out-of-school time
- Prepare and compile all components of each new training or curriculum submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with supported agency requirements
Professional Development and Training
- Best Practices and Researched-Based Strategies: Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Science (all disciplines), Social Studies (all disciplines), Physical Education, Art, Music, etc.
- School and OST Operations: Human Resources, Budgeting, Family Engagement, etc.
- Develop and deliver educational programming through several delivery options including instructor-led, eLearning, blended l earning, web casts, conferences and expositions
- Ability to lead both in-person and virtual trainings which audience size spanning 5 to 1,000 individuals.
- Conduct training gap analysis and provide formal feedback and recommendation for course improvement
- Support the development and administration of the department’s project skills training and development plans
- Develop engaging and intuitive eLearning content (including modules, scripts, videos, quizzes, etc.), supporting the creation of up-to-date relevant e-learning content
- Develop engaging and intuitive lessons with content and skills aligned to national and state standards and accessible to a facilitate audience ranging from high school student to teacher to content specialist
- Develop and maintain specialized databases and systems for recording and tracking class completion rates, attendance rates, and dropouts with related statistical information; create and distribute standard and special reports, studies, summaries, and analyses as required for effectiveness of curriculum within full-time employee functional roles
Project Management and Client Management
Areas: Education Initiatives, Education Products, Technology Integration, Conferences Performance Events
- Plan and manage services including contract negotiation, project initiation, order booking and invoicing, active scope, budget, schedule management, documentation, and resourcing for all assigned projects
- Perform risk analysis and manage project risks and issues
- Work assignment and work direction for project team members, including subcontractors and vendor management
- Communicate with management on project goal progress and attainment and elevate employee and customer concerns
- Develop and maintain company and department tools, standards and procedures for project management, execution, documentation, and the application of process automation and controls technology
- Ensure that the tools and standards are utilized and the procedures are being followed
- Maintain a high degree of client contact, in terms of quality and frequency, to understand and analyze their project needs, define and present solutions, and drive satisfaction and expansion of services
- Provide project updates and status reports to both the client and the organization
- Manage expectations to client and team members; manage the process from assessment and definition, creative & technical design, production and development, testing and launch
- Identify funding opportunities and new program areas to match institutional priorities using research tools, include government and private funding
- Participate in analytical processes involved in the development and delivery of the training courses built for the organization as well as for clients
- Develop criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities, work product development, and instructional and coaching work, as well as communications, marketing, and social media metrics
- Support development of assessment tools and training on usage
Areas: Grant Writing, Technical Writing, Lesson Plan and Content Writing, and Copy Editing, Social Media, Design
- Generate revenues for agency programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented proposals
- Writes reports to government, foundations, and other funders
- Serve as a liaison to funding agencies or organizations post grant or contract receipt
- Assist on monitoring compliance with funders
- Engage with program officers at organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals
- Manage special projects as needed
- Copyedit and proofread electronic and print projects of every type and description to ensure grammatical accuracy and maintain style and tone inherent to each brand and/or assignment
- Fact check documents of every type and description
- Identify inconsistencies and offer suggestions to revise awkward or unclear language
- Check and apply proofing and design changes to documents and review updated assets to ensure that edits have been implemented and no new errors have been introduced
- Ensure all client, product branding, and legal compliance guidelines are explicitly followed
- Display tact, diplomacy, and the ability to protect confidential information
- Contribute to ancillary tasks such as newsletters, webinars, focus groups, meetings, etc.
- Support and assist with Foundation's annual Beyond School Hours Conference
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory or management experience
- Minimum of 7 consecutive full academic years of professional teaching or out-of-school time experience
- Minimum of 7 consecutive years of conducting adult trainings, preferably at the state or national level
- Minimum 2 years of grant writing and implementation
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings and/or working with adults in a
- learning or coaching environment, in the classroom and/or in an online setting
- General understanding of adult l earning principles
- Highly organized with the ability to work effectively under pressure and produce a high-quality work product within tight time constraints
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong writing ability and experience in public speaking and presentations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications as well as basic database management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- Available to travel, both regionally and nationally
- 10+ years of experience working with children and youth
- (preferably in a low-income community) in out-of-school time programs
- and 21st Century Community Learning Centers
For full consideration, please submit a résumé and cover letter, including salary requirements and why you are interested in this position.
This position is located in-office at Foundations, Inc.
Foundations is an AA/EOE committed to the development of an inclusive, multicultural community in Mount Laurel, NJ, just outside of Philadelphia, PA.