Details: competitive salary based on experience
Are you a charismatic leader interested in maintaining the rich cultural landscape of one of the most historic cities in our country? Do you want to guide a small, impactful non-profit to be even more effective and engaging? Do you thrive off of making a difference in your community and working with local government and the public? You may be the right candidate for the Executive Director role at the Savannah Tree Foundation. Known for its majestic live oaks, Spanish moss-draped tree canopy, and a natural environment that includes 300-year old trees, miles of beaches, and endless tidal marshes, Savannah needs an advocate for trees.
Savannah Tree Foundation (STF) is seeking qualified candidates for the Executive Director position. Savannah Tree Foundation is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to protecting, preserving, and planting trees across Chatham County, GA through education, advocacy, and action. STF’s volunteers have been planting and caring for trees in Savannah and across Chatham County, GA since 1982. The Savannah Tree Foundation works with local government, community partners, and the public to grow the tree canopy for a healthier, safer, economically-strong, and environmentally-sound community.
Under the direction of the STF Board of Directors and in collaboration with an experienced Field Manager, staff, and consultants, the Executive Director has the responsibility to identify and pursue funding, maintain positive working relationships with city and community partners, as well as manage programs and day-to-day operations. To be successful, the Executive Director must be a proactive, energetic, and experienced leader willing to advocate for community support, negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes, and enhance our organizational capacity to achieve our mission.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in:
· Financial development including community fundraising,
· Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with government officials,
· Building relationships with community partner organizations,
· Independent leadership for organization and administrative soundness.
This full-time position is scheduled to begin in winter 2019.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent skills and experience
· 5 or more years of relevant professional work experience
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
· Creativity and flexibility
· Interest in the environmental issues and generally socially conscious individual
· Experience in fundraising and community development
· Experience working independently and leading a team
· Flexibility and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
· High energy with an entrepreneurial spirit
· Ability to work collaboratively with people of different backgrounds
· Basic computer and administrative skills (MS Office, record-keeping, etc.) and ability to learn new technologies quickly
· Possession of a valid driver’s license
· Willingness to step in and carry out operational or program activities as needed.
· Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather, stand for long periods of time, and to safely lift and move more than 50 lbs
· Experience in a non-profit setting
· Experience with community outreach, volunteers, partnerships, and fundraising
· · Experience hiring, managing, and supervising staff
· Communications experience including social media, press, and newsletters
· Knowledge of GiftWorks CRM, Quickbooks, Constant Contact, and/or Adobe products
For a detailed job description, visit SavannahTree.com.
Competitive salary based on experience.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit the following items via email:
· Cover letter
· Salary Requirements
· Contact information for 3 references
This position will be open until filled. Review of applications will begin Oct. 30, 2018. Submit application to Heather Gordon at heather@SavannahTree.com.
A background check, clean drug test, and references will be required.
health insurance stipend included
business cell phone provided
friendly, flexible work environment
Minimum Education Required