337 North Carolina Ave SE
PURPOSE: To create a welcoming environment and to meet the maintenance and scheduling needs of the church building and grounds. The position serves as the primary administrative assistant to the Ministry Team and the Administrative Council for handling the administrative needs of the congregation. It includes day-to-day clerical work, coordination of building users, vendors, or contractors, and assistance in financial duties as directed. This is a part-time position with some benefits.
Part-time: 20 hours a week.
- Serves as the principal point of contact with Washington City Church of the Brethren staff for all building management and administrative matters.
- Represents the church in overseeing building use requests and communication with building users
- Professionally represents the church online and via phone.
- Prepares and prints of Sunday worship materials.
- Arranges with contractors for building and maintenance projects.
- Coordinates cleaning staff in regular cleaning and conducts basic maintenance and repairs as needed.
ABILITIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE:
This position requires a friendly self-starter who works well with others and with little supervision. This position also requires the ability to:
● Organize and maintain organizational files, documents, and proposals (paper and digital)
● Conduct basic research online and be comfortable using Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Facebook
● Communicate effectively in writing and speech, both in person and by phone
● Work well with a variety of people
● Prioritize workload and function under deadlines
● Maintain the confidentiality of personal and sensitive information
● Learn basic social marketing tools and website maintenance (Mailchimp emails, Wordpress blog)
Washington City Church of the Brethren is a congregation committed to simple living and the responsible use of resources. The congregation also values service, hospitality and diversity. Staff is encouraged to reflect these values through their work.
Washington City Church of the Brethren is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual identity, physical or mental disability, or age.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required
Minimum Education Required