Details: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position.
QuestBridge is searching for a creative and dedicated Communications Associate to join the Student Relations team. The Communications Associate will be a key member of the Recruitment team focused on identifying and educating students, as well as supporting them through the QuestBridge application processes. This position offers a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about using various types of communications to positively impact the lives of students.
QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions. Additional information on QuestBridge can be found at www.questbridge.org.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and edit dynamic content for various types of marketing communication (including, but not limited to: emails, web, print, mobile) for students, parents, and educators.
- Work with team to gain a deep understanding of target groups and develop tailored communication content for these groups.
- Strategically design a plan for utilizing various marketing channels, including social media, text messaging, and blog, to maximize reach for student recruitment and educator support.
- Adhere to an organization style guide to ensure uniformity of our messaging.
- Use tracking and analytics to measure the impact of channel efforts.
- Attend and staff our college admissions conferences and Liaison conference.
- Read and evaluate student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and various other opportunities.
- Contribute to the overall initiatives of the Student Relations team, including providing support for students and educators as they move through the QuestBridge process, participating in QuestBridge Scholars Network programming, taking part in innovation groups, etc.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with superior writing and editing ability.
- Ability to quickly adapt and adhere to writing tones for multiple audiences.
- Experience with marketing and/or communications in both print and online/social media contexts.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Self-starting, resourceful and organized with a keen sense of accountability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of organization and professionalism.
- Strong comfort with technology and data, with the ability to evaluate and improve current operations.
- Passion for and knowledge of issues in education, ideally relating to access to higher education.
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling sensitive personal information and situations.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience with email marketing software.
- Design experience for web and print materials, including basic proficiency in Adobe programs like Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Basic proficiency in HTML.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic. Energized by working with a far-reaching social venture in an expansion phase.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge.
- Warm, positive personality; ability to collaborate well with others. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Polished, professional demeanor and communication style.
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on larger picture. Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy, text editing, and visual aesthetics.
- Strong work ethic and deep-seated personal integrity, with intense drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment in difficult situations.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position.
Hours & Location of Work
This is a full-time position located at the QuestBridge headquarters in Palo Alto, CA
Well-rounded benefits package included with full-time employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title and your name in the subject line, e.g. “Communications Associate, Student Relations - John Doe.”
Thank you for your interest in employment with QuestBridge.
QuestBridge is an equal opportunity employer.