BronxConnect BSW and MSW (multiple positions available)
- Job posted by Urban Youth Alliance International
General Job Description:
Bronx Connect is seeking to hire both a Full-TIme and a Part-Time (approximately 24 - 29 hours per week) BSW and MSW, for our BronxConnect Supreme Court Program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing case management services to a caseload of youth
- Conducting risk and needs assessment to determine treatment recommendations
- Make and monitor any needed referrals
- Providing comprehensive, clinically-informed case management services to young adult defendants (and, where appropriate, their families)
- Addressing issues such as substance use, mental health issues, trauma, domestic violence, housing and vocational needs
- Develop and monitor strategy plans for youth
- Make regular contact with youth for updates
- Monitor the educational performance of youth
- Monitor mentor-youth relationships if one exists
- Training in the 7 Challenges-Brief(TM) curriculum
- Facilitating and developing a range of on-site pyscho-educational groups
- Conducting individual light counseling sessions
- Write clear notes in the database describing the status of clients for submission to the courts
- Personal development in light of the mission, vision and core values Bronx Connect
- Assist the ATI Program Manager with the development and implementation of new programs, initiative and/or interventions.
- Assisting the ATI Program Manager with administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Promote the work of Bronx Connect through personal and professional contacts
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSW or MSW (LMSW preferred but not required)
- Experience working with court-involved youth.
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking a plus!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; ability to work with MIS database.
- Ability and experience working collaboratively with a team of community professionals and with court professionals.
- Experience with drug/alcohol treatment, mental health services, co-occurring disorders, adolescent development, trauma-informed and strength-based approached preferred.
- Ability to work with people of diverse background. Comfortable working in a community-based, faith-based organization.
Excellent organizational and time management skills. Strong writing ability required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Tara Brown-Arnell, Director
-No resumes will be considered unless accompanied by a cover letter.-
Please indicate whether you are applying for the Full-TIme or Part-Time position. No phone calls will be taken.
COVER LETTER MUST INCLUDE DESIRED SALARY.
Please write a one paragraph description of your previous experince followed by a one - two paragraph scenario of how you have handled a youth that was a challenge to manage and unresponsive to your requests.
Send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. No faxes please.
To familiarize yourself with our agency, please checkout our website at: BronxConnect.org
Follow up on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bronxconnect