A just and sustainable world where all people, regardless of gender, enjoy their human rights and health, and have power over their lives.
In order to achieve gender justice, IWHC advances the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and adolescent girls by:
· Funding and supporting feminist leaders, organizations, and movements, primarily in the Global South;
· Advocating for international and US policies, programs, and funding, and holding governments to their commitments; and
· Generating knowledge and leading dialogues on critical and emergent issues.
PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION
Serve as critical linchpin between President, staff and Board of IWHC to ensure proactive and clear communications across the organization. Responsible for ensuring the smooth and effective operations of the office of the President. Provide critical administrative and programmatic support to the President, serve as primary liaison to the Board of IWHC, and support the collaboration between the President and the development and communications teams.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure relevant information about the President’s activities is communicated proactively to relevant staff and to Board;
- Manage the President's calendar, including scheduling appointments and organizing conference calls and meetings;
- In cooperation with the President, develop her travel itineraries and set up meetings, arrange travel and accommodations;
- Coordinate relevant internal staff meetings including: weekly staff check-in, monthly staff meeting, Executive Management Team meetings, and Senior Management Team meetings;
- Manage expense reports and payment requests and help to monitor program spending;
- Update contact lists and information for the President;
- Handle telephone and email communications, including with colleagues overseas;
- Act as resource person for other staff (answering questions, providing materials, etc.);
- Perform other general administrative tasks, including maintaining electronic files of the office of the President.
- Serve as primary liaison to IWHC Board for any inquiries, and for Board and program materials;
- Set Board calendar in consultation with President and Board leadership;
- Coordinate with Development, Programs, Operations and Program Assistant in managing logistics including Board travel for Board meetings, committee meetings, and Board retreats and trips;
- Working closely with President and staff across Finance, Development, Programs, and Communications, prepare Board and committee meeting agendas and compile meeting materials;
- Draft invitation letters and liaise with external guests as appropriate; create timeline, prepare and distribute invitations, reminders and materials, manage all correspondence with Board and track rsvps;
- Attend all Board meetings and committee meetings; take minutes;
- Troubleshoot issues at Board meetings ranging from venue, audio and video, to food and documents;
- Draft minutes, and other materials arising out of meetings such as letters and resolutions; track action items arising out of these meetings and coordinate progress with relevant staff, Board members and others;
- Support Board governance, including:
- Ongoing maintenance of Board member TORs, organizational by-laws, committee TORs and membership lists, and Board self-evaluations
- Creating and refreshing Board orientation materials and coordinating the timely onboarding of new board members
- In coordination with the President and the Chairs of the Nominating Committee, manage the Board pipeline process and lists; maintain up-to-date contact and bio information on all potential Board prospects;
- Be knowledgeable about Board interests, giving, networking, and background information;
- Keep staff informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities relating to the Board, and ensure appropriate follow-up;
- Draft routine correspondence on behalf of Board leadership;
- Maintain Board and Committee documents and files on SharePoint;
- Work with Communications team to ensure the Board sections of the website are up-to-date;
- Develop and track the Board budget, track expenses and supervise reimbursements;
- Perform other Board related functions as required.
In coordination with Program Assistant in office of the President:
- Provide information required for the preparation of strategies, budgets and workplans for Programs and other teams;
- Conduct research for President in preparation for speaking engagements or writing projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passion for IWHC’s mission and a strong commitment to sexual and reproductive rights and health, human rights, and gender equality;
- B.A. and 6-8 years of administrative experience required, 2-3 supporting an Executive preferred, event planning experience highly desirable;
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including major donors, prominent officials, Board members, senior executives, staff, and others;
- Superlative organizational skills, initiative and follow through;
- Ability to work calmly, cooperatively, effectively and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities;
- Mature and diplomatic manner and disposition, good sense of humor;
- Excellent listening and speaking ability, with sensitivity to cultural communication differences;
- Fluent written and spoken English required, and excellent writing skills;
- Superior computer and administrative skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and Internet research, and ability to master new technology;
- Solid judgment, utmost discretion and ability to handle confidential issues;
- Positive disposition, team spirit, prepared to pitch in to help colleagues;
- Available to work very occasional weeknights and to travel, as needed.