17 Battery Place
Community Access, Inc. (CA), founded in 1974, is a progressive not-for-profit organization that expands opportunities for people living with mental health concerns to recover from trauma and discrimination through affordable housing, training, advocacy and healing-focused services. We are built upon the simple truth that people are experts in their own lives. Our programs are spread across 20 locations and include over 1000 units of supportive housing in three boroughs.
The Peer Specialist has lead responsibility for integrating wellness goals and services with the tasks of all IMT team members. The Specialist is a person with the lived experience of a mental health condition who has a willingness to share personal and practical experience, knowledge, and first-hand insight to benefit IMT program participants; recovery experience related to substance use services or criminal justice system preferred. The Peer Specialist engages and builds trusting relationships with program participants and their networks to support the person's recovery.
Salary : 45,000.00 - 50,000.00
- Have an understanding, appreciation, and commitment to the philosophy and mission of Community Access.
- Commitment to person-centered treatment strategies, upholding participants' rights, and self-determination in service provision.
- New York Certified Peer Specialist (NYCPS).
- Lived experience of a mental health condition required, and a history of homelessness, involvement with the criminal justice system, and experience with substance use services, preferred.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, mornings, evenings and weekends in response to participant needs.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating systems and programs, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as comfort with learning new electronic systems.
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking, preferred
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared by the New York State Justice Center.
Bilingual Spanish-speaking candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should apply on www.communityaccess.org/jobs
Community Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.Women, People of Color and Members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.CA is committed to the hiring of at least 51% consumer staff, in all of its departments and programs, and at all levels of management. www.communityaccess.org
Minimum Education Required