Details: Commensurate with experience
18 Tremont Street #308
This position is a frontline fundraising position for the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF), reporting to the Executive Director and responsible for the implementation and coordination of an integrated fundraising program for the IOCDF annual fund and IOCDF research grant fund. The Annual Fund Officer plays an important role in the IOCDF fundraising by handling fundraising activities including donor relations, direct mail appeals, online-giving platforms, and database management. Working closely with the Executive Director, Board Development Committee, the Philanthropy Officer, and other IOCDF departments, the Annual Fund Officer will implement a successful fundraising program that strives to achieve aggressive annual growth goals.
- A 4-year degree in a related field from an accredited college or university required.
- A minimum of two to three years' experience in a Development position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Expertise in Salesforce and/or similar donor management system required.
- Strong social media skills and experience with online fundraising platforms and campaigns preferred.
- A self-motivated problem-solver with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in working with an audience with whom compassion, confidentiality, and sensitivity are critical.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Must be flexible and open to changing priorities and needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project manager for the direct mail campaigns ensuring that appeals are written, along with accompanying acknowledgement letters, website text, emails, social media/online based fundraising, and blogs.
- Create fundraising appeal mailing lists from Salesforce and other sources.
- Oversight and development of overall fundraising calendar and timeline.
- Point of contact for grass roots fundraising.
- Team leader for Boston based 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Awareness Walk.
- Liaison for Virtual Walks.
- Preparing reports, memos and metrics for IOCDF Board of Directors meetings and the Board Development Committee.
- Coordinate Acknowledgments with Community Support Specialist.
- Tracking the calendar and time line, as well as completing the Combined Federal Campaign application.
- Assisting in the development of the Annual Report including pulling together the content, creating a theme and writing a draft. Ensures Annual Report is disseminated to top tier donors in a timely fashion.
- Takes the lead on donation entry (checks and online).
- Designing and running reports aimed at keeping staff, BOD and development committee up to date on fundraising progress, metrics and prospects.
- Work with Membership and Outreach Manager to ensure that campaigns, data entry and report pulling are consistent and clear.
Health, dental, & vision care insurance; Pre-tax MBTA pass program; 401K; Competitive benefits package.
The International OCD Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Minimum Education Required