Program Assistant National Center on Immigrant Integration Policy
- Job posted by Migration Policy Institute
1400 16th Street, NW
The Migration Policy Institute (MPI), a nonpartisan, nonprofit think tank dedicated to the study of national and international migration policies, seeks a dynamic individual to work in its National Center on Immigrant Integration Policy (NCIIP). The Program Assistant’s primary responsibility will be to provide administrative and programmatic support to several NCIIP projects.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and one to three years of relevant experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize among multiple tasks;
- Ability to interact with co-workers, vendors, organizational partners and the general public in a professional manner;
- Experience in a program support and/or in a professional administrative capacity; and
- Commitment to NCIIP’s mission and general interest in immigrant integration issues.
- Experience organizing conference calls, webinars and public meetings;
- Knowledge of federal and state policies relevant to immigrant integration, which can include, but is not limited to the following topics: early childhood education and care, K-12 education, adult education and workforce development, language access, and refugee resettlement;
- Strong research skills, including familiarity with both federal and state demographic data resources; and
- Advanced proficiency in Spanish.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and/or edit routine grant reports, correspondence and memoranda;
- Organize logistics of national and international meetings and workshops (invitations, travel arrangements, site logistics, materials);
- Assist in outreach and provide technical assistance for national webinars and conference calls on a range of topics related to immigrant integration;
- Provide research support as needed for a variety of NCIIP projects; and
- Provide other administrative support to NCIIP staff as needed.
This position comes with a competitive salary and generous benefit package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectation and short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Program Assistant- NCIIP” in the subject line and include a line telling us how you heard about this position.
Hard copies may be sent to:
Migration Policy Institute
1400 16th St NW Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
Applications are due by close of business on November 19, 2018. However, we encourage all candidates to apply as early as possible. Due to the large number of applicants, only those being considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls or separate emails to MPI staff, please.