1301 Connecticut Avenue, NW
District of Columbia
CommonHealth ACTION seeks to invest in a dynamic and energetic Program Associate who will support our expanding program portfolio including but not limited to: development and support of our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) training programs; strategic implementation support for individual and organizational clients; and engagement in organizational activities.
The Program Associate (PA) supports projects and programs and contributes to the implementation of CommonHealth ACTION’s day to day operations. With guidance from management, the Associate works independently and collaboratively with staff to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate activities on behalf of and within the organization. The PA will also contribute to development activities to advance the organization’s mission and establishing and maintain partnerships, such as resource identification and proposal writing/development. The Associate position requires research, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. S/he must demonstrate professional discretion and diplomacy.
The following reflect the major areas of responsibility for this position. Tasks include (but are not limited to) the duties outlined. Candidates will also be required to complete other duties as assigned.
Technical Assistance and Capacity-Building
- Support and contribute to technical assistance activities for clients, teams, and organizations.
- Develop technical assistance tools, assessments, and processes independently or with a team.
- Contribute to webinars, conference calls, and face-to-face meetings and trainings as needed to support program and organizational goals.
- Coordinate program logistics, schedules, timelines, and other project administration activities.
Curriculum Development, Training, and Education
- Assist in the development and delivery of online and in-person curricula and training modules independently or with a team.
- Conduct research on topics, data, and resources to support training and tool development.
- Support planning and implementation of facilitated meetings and events.
Research, Writing, Communications, and Marketing
- Coordinate and contribute to qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
- Write online content for commonhealthaction.org and social media in support of organizational and programmatic communications strategies.
- Contribute to development of presentations, brochures, and other materials for use during program-related activities and for presentation at professional conferences.
Organizational Strategy and Development
- Engage in relationship-building with other organizations and individuals, independently and with a team.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS & CONDITIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant professional field preferred; minimum of six years’ full-time professional experience required.
- Strong understanding of public health and the production of the public’s health.
- Strong understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion concepts, including both theory- and practice-based knowledge.
- Ability to take initiative and contribute to problem-solving.
- Versatility and strength in both written and verbal communications.
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training.
- Professional and political acumen, diplomacy, and tact.
- Positive, collaborative, compassionate, and solutions-focused temperament.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher
- Web research experience
TITLE: At the time of this posting, the position title is Program Associate. CommonHealth ACTION is a growing organization and while the exact title of this position may change during the hiring process, the nature of the position and the associated responsibilities are accurately reflected above and will not change significantly.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Senior Program Manager
HIRING SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS: $44,000 – $52,000; Salary is contingent upon available funding and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. CommonHealth ACTION offers a competitive benefit package with annual leave, health/dental/vision/life insurance and retirement contributions (403B).
TRAVEL: Local and national travel (approximately 15%–40%) are required. Travel is typically for short-term client-based meetings, trainings, and conferences. Travel duration typically ranges from one day to one week per trip and trip frequency varies by program and client needs.
NON-DISCLOSURE, NON-COMPETE, AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AGREEMENTS: Employee will be required
to sign the aforementioned agreements as a condition of employment.
JOB LOCATION: Washington, DC. Although regular office presence is required, telework and flexible hours are part of our organizational norms and culture.
CommonHealth ACTION values a respectful, collaborative work environment. We establish and maintain trustful relationships with all staff, contractors, funders, and partners. We believe that hard work, a focus on quality, and a passion for the public’s health are required to improve the well-being of individuals, families, and communities. CHA looks to all staff to contribute to the effective implementation of programmatic activities and the successful growth of the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates must complete this form and upload a resume and cover letter. Files should be named using this convention: Last name, First Name-Resume and Last Name, First Name-Cover. Should you have any problems with uploading your documents, please send an email to email@example.com.
NOTE: Not following these directions will have an impact on your application. Do not email your documentation; it will not be reviewed if it is not uploaded as requested.
All documents must be uploaded by 12:00 Noon, Tuesday, May 29, 2018. Projected Start Date: July 2, 2018.