AFYA Foundation, www.afyafoundation.org, a dynamic, fast paced and growing non-profit organization, collects medical supplies and equipment from throughout the United States and ships these critical materials to health initiatives worldwide.
The Afya foundation seeks an Operations Associate for our Biomedical Department to help ensure efficient and effective project management of our biomedical program support and inventory. The Associate will work collaboratively with the Biomedical Engineer to provide strategic oversight of the biomedical inventory, to respond to requests for biomedical equipment, to maintain accurate inventory and records for the department, and to support the Biomedical Engineer in the assessment and repair of donated equipment. The Associate will work closely with other members of the Operations team to ensure timely and accurate processing of requests, and the preparation of shipments to help ensure efficient program delivery.
Biomedical Equipment Assessment, Repair and Inventory
· Ensure strong inventory management of biomed equipment, helping to ensure that inventory is up to date and equipment safely stored and secured
· Oversee the physical management of all biomedical inventory, ensuring that all equipment is properly stored and tracked while maintaining a clean and efficient work and warehouse space; bring concerns, challenges and needs to the attention of the COO
· Document all warehouse workflows related to the intake and handling of donated biomedical equipment; as necessary initiate dialogue with the Warehouse Manager to ensure agreement on biomed handling and workflows and roll out with warehouse team members
· In consultation with the Biomedical Senior Advisor repair and test equipment as required and document completed work prioritizing equipment that has been requested for shipments
· Research and action options for the auctioning of any biomedical equipment that has been deemed inappropriate for program shipping or otherwise identified for removal
· In collaboration with the BSTA identify equipment that should be disposed of and identify options for disposal consistent with local, state and Federal environmental laws
· Work with the CAO and COO on year end count and review of biomed inventory records in preparation for annual audits
· Contribute to thinking and best practices related to innovative biomed equipment management and processing
· Advise Afya Senior Management on strategies to improve biomedical support to targeted programs
· Create/maintain a review spreadsheet for biomedical equipment for supply requests received by Afya, and work with the BSTA to track, review and process the requests in a timely manner.
· Work with warehouse staff to properly package biomed equipment in preparation for shipping
· Coordinate with Program and Operations staff on availability, condition and processing time required in support of on time shipping, and follow up with warehouse staff on staging of shipments and coordinate for biomedical equipment
· Support accurate capture/filing of all information and documents related to each shipment for Afya’s records
· Support continuous learning in regard to Afya operations, systems, processes and ways of working
· Provide as requested information to support donor reporting requirements
· Minimum High School Diploma; BA preferred
· Experience in warehouse inventory management
· Strong data management experience
· Experience with and/or training in assessment and repair of biomedical equipment preferred
· Exhibited good job performance and behavior as measured through indicators such as teamwork, attendance, quality and productivity, etc.
· Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, using the English language
AFYA Foundation, www.afyafoundation.org, a dynamic, fast paced and growing non-profit organization, collects medical supplies and equipment from throughout the United States and ships these critical materials to health initiatives…