Details: Per hour
740 SE 106th Ave.
Location: Multnomah County
Pay Rate: $13.50-15/hr
Meals on Wheels People:
Meals on Wheels People enriches the lives of seniors and assists them in maintaining independence by providing nutritious food, human connections and social support. With the help of more than 5,500 volunteers, our nonprofit organization serves over 5,700 meals daily and more than 1.3 million meals each year across Multnomah, Washington, and Clark Counties. Meals on Wheels People is an EEO employer committed to the inclusion of people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, women and people living with disabilities in our workplace and programs.
Program Assistant Summary:
Responsible for delivery of meals for all open routes in assigned service area. Assist with preparation of meals, training and scheduling of volunteers, assist with packing, pick-up and delivery and maintenance of accurate records for Meals on Wheels People participants and volunteers. Provide general program and office support and kitchen assistance as needed.
Program Assistant Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- Bilingual/Bicultural English/Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, Asian or African languages strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and transportation required
- Ability to work with and manage volunteers
- Strong organizational, record keeping, time management and multi-tasking skills including the ability to set priorities and be flexible to last-minute changes
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively communicate with diverse populations including minority, low income and persons with disabilities
- Ability to repetitively move 35lbs; routinely moves cooler and cooler bags from one location to another and from various heights in preparation of and for the completion of meal delivery; ability to ascend stairs and move around on city sidewalks
- Ability to quickly learn new computer programs; experience with client data management systems preferred
Any satisfactory combination of experience, training and/or education which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above qualifications.
Minimum Education Required