Civil Practice Senior Coordinator Grants & Contracts (Housing)
- Job posted by The Legal Aid Society - New York City
Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Legal Aid Society's Civil Practice has an opening for a Senior Coordinator of Grants and Contracts (Housing). The Senior Coordinator is responsible for the centralized grants and contract management for all housing-related funding.
* Assist in managing Housing grants and contracts with Civil Practice program leaders and Fiscal staff and establish policies and procedures for managing all aspects of grants and contracts, including startup, renewals, amendments, modifications, closeouts, audits, reporting, etc.
* Work with the Grants and Contracts Assistant Coordinator
* Develop and implement grant and contracts administrative plans and compliance and reporting systems in coordination with the Civil Practice program leaders and Fiscal staff
* Act in coordination with the Civil Practice Attorney-in-Charge, Managing Attorney, Director of Grants and Contracts Management and Deputy Director of Grants and Contract Management as liaison between the Practice and the grantors for program related issues
* Collaborate with the Program Report and Grant Writer on applying for new funding opportunities for Housing
* Ensure uniformity of grants and contracts compliance within the Civil Practice by conveying grantor policies and procedures to Civil Practice program leaders and Fiscal staff
* Facilitate the development of quality assurance systems to monitor and track grant requirements and deliverables including collaborating with MIS department and Grants and Contracts Coordinators on creation of technology solutions to program management and evaluation
* Support program audit requests by funders in coordination with Fiscal staff, and ensure feedback to grantors regarding contract site visits
* Oversee preparation of quantitative and narrative reports for timely submission to funders
* Coordinate expenditure reports and check requests from partner agencies with Finance staff
* Collaborate with Fiscal staff on preparation of budgets and monitoring of spending
* Prepare and analyze year-to-date grant performance vs. actual performance charts for the Civil Practice Attorney-in-Charge, Managing Attorney, Director of Grants and Contracts Management and Deputy Director of Grants and Contract Management
* Other duties as assigned
Manhattan - Legal Aid Society Headquarters
* MBA/MPA or Bachelor's degree with demonstrated work experience in grants/contracts reporting of a not-for-profit organization
* Ability to manage relationships and effectively communicate with program staff, grantors and funders
* Experience working in a high paced environment
* Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
* Demonstrated ability to accurately and quickly gather data, compile information, keep accurate records, prepare statistical reports, and prepare narrative reports.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel and demonstrated ability to work with databases
* Excellent judgment, including ability to handle sensitive or confidential information
* Ability to multitask
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required