424 Leonard Street
St. Nicks' Division of Youth and Education is seeking an Evening and Saturday Program Coordinator for its Beacon Program.
We envision a community of lifelong learners who create trusting relationships with one another and participate in high-quality programming. We strive for our youth to try new things, make friends, learn new skills, find inspiration, and grow into the next generation of leaders. When our youth nurture a love for learning, they will thrive in school, college, work, and beyond.
● Oversee enrollment, space allocation, and attendance requirements for all evening and Saturday activities
● Supervise, manage and support co-locators, subcontractors and evening and Saturday staff
● Develop partnerships and maintain communication with school leadership and staff to support the effective
integration of in-school and after-school goals with evening and Saturday goals
● Build strong relationships with all key stakeholders to enrich the experiences for students and their families in
● With the support of the Outreach Coordinator conduct co-locator orientation sessions and quarterly advisory
board meetings in the fall
● Implement holistic, engaging and quality evening and Saturday programming, incorporating Arts, Sports and
Fitness, Recreation, Education, Family Literacy, Community engagement and Leadership Development
● Create and maintain a schedule that reflects daily activities and workshops
● Plan and organize community events
● Maintain evening and Saturday attendance and enrollment in DYCD online system to ensure 100% compliance
of contractual obligations
● Collect and maintain all records of co-locators and evening and Saturday staff to ensure DOH compliance
Qualifications: HS Diploma/GED. Experience in an afterschool setting with elementary to high school students. Experience managing programs and working with adults, stakeholders and community members. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Ability to work evening and Saturday hours. Familiar with the Greenpoint community.
Minimum Education Required