Details: $20/hour, approx. 20 hrs/week
2223 Singleton, Suite 140
Readers 2 Leaders is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to helping all children in Dallas read at or above grade level. Our mission is to develop and grow the reading skills of underserved Dallas children ages 3-12 so that they succeed in school and graduate prepared to live productive lives.
We recognize that students who don't read on grade level by third grade are four times less likely to graduate high school, and we work to help all our students beat the odds. We operate Booktown, home of our flagship After-School Program and community lending library. We also provide in- and after-school reading tutoring within Dallas ISD and charter school networks.
Development Associate Position
The Development Associate will assist the Development Manager with fundraising tasks; approximately 50% of work time will be dedicated to grant writing and pipeline management/research/prospecting. Approximately 25% of time will involve assistance with fundraising events, communications/marketing, and donor relations. The remaining 25% of work time will focus on maintaining and improving the R2L Bloomerang donor database.
• Review current R2L grants calendar and manage all grant calendar deadlines
• Assist Development Manager with the timely submission of grant applications and reports throughout the year
• Research possible funding opportunities/grants to apply to that are not currently on R2L’s grants calendar
• Assist Development Manager with two main donor appeals: North Texas Giving Day and the End Of Year appeal. Help generate and manage mailing lists and track giving
• Assist Development Manager in coordinating two yearly fundraisers to support the organizations’ growing needs
• Input grant request information and individual gift records into R2L’s fundraising database. Create reports related to ongoing fundraising work of Development Manager and Executive Director.
• Assist Executive Director, Development Manager and R2L board as they work to research, cultivate, recruit, and schedule prospective donors for tours and other development activities
• Ensure timely acknowledgement of all financial and in-kind donations and sponsorships.
• Assist with communications and marketing tasks as assigned by the Development Manager.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required