1011 1st Avenue
Partnership Schools is looking for a Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, organized, has a passion for education reform, and is ready to dive into a fast paced, exciting entrepreneurial work environment.
The Partnership is a pioneering school management organization (SMO) that is shaping the next generation of urban Catholic education. Granted operational management in 2013 of six long-standing Pre-K to 8th grade schools in the South Bronx and Harlem, the Partnership is committed to providing students in historically underserved neighborhoods with the academic preparation, values, and skills they need to excel.
The historic success of urban Catholic schools stems not only from a rigorous tradition of academic excellence, but also from an emphasis on developing self-worth, moral character, a love of learning, and a sense of civic responsibility—all part of our long-standing commitment to educating the whole child. The Partnership is unique in knitting this tradition together with lessons from high-achieving public, charter, and independent schools, in the service of our students.
For more than twenty years, the Partnership has raised and invested over $200 million in urban Catholic schools. Today, as an SMO, the Partnership is intensifying its efforts to break the cycle of poverty and close the achievement gap across our network schools.
The Partnership currently serves over 2,100 students across the network
- 4% of the students are minority
- 65% of the students are Catholic
At the Partnership, we believe all children can achieve at the highest levels. We are eager to meet candidates that are excited and motivated by the challenge of building from the ground up. If you are interested in serving as a pioneer in education and share an unwavering commitment to raising student achievement and an appreciation and respect for Catholic culture, identity, and values, we want to hear from you!
The Senior Accountant position provides an opportunity to have significant impact on this groundbreaking Catholic school model, making a real difference in the lives of thousands of children. The Senior Accountant will report to the Vice President of Finance and serve as a critical member of the central office team, supporting the Partnership as well as our six network schools.
The ideal candidate will be mission-driven and committed to providing excellent service, delivering accurate and timely financial information to varying stakeholders. As part of a team of four, he/she will be collaborative, responsive, flexible, and motivated. S/he should have a proclivity for relentless improvement.
With a strong accounting and control background, advanced Excel skills and proficiency in accounting software, he/she will have the ability and willingness to undertake a variety of tasks from transactional to analytical. We seek a quick study, with strong attention to detail and a passion for urban education.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Post transactions and process deposits, credit card payments, and investment activity
- Manage grants and donations received, including temporarily restricted funds ·
- Report monthly department results
- Assist in budget creation, budget management, and forecasting
- Assist in annual audit and tax preparation
- Support grant proposals with financial information
- Regularly reconcile financial records with advancement and tuition systems
- Assist with creating presentations for Board committees and internal management
- Monitor financial/accounting policies/processes and internal controls, keeping policies manual up-to-date
- Minimum of B.A. and four years finance/accounting experience, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting, financial management and control
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and accounting software
- Ability to translate financial information effectively
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Partnership Schools offers a benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer organization that values diversity.
Minimum Education Required