5910 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200
Manager, Events and Special Programs
Leadership Montgomery (LM) seeks a full-time Manager, Events and Special Programs to join its growing team as this dynamic organization approaches its 29th Anniversary year.
Who we are:
For nearly 30 years, Leadership Montgomery has built bridges between the private, public, and nonprofit sectors of Montgomery County, Maryland to improve the community -- the neighborhoods people live in and the business they work in. Today, we provide five curriculum-and service-based programs: CORE, Emerging Leaders, Senior, MoCo Insider and our Corporate Volunteer Council, as well as our post-graduate programming, and special events. We have a small office staff with a “family” atmosphere. The work atmosphere is high energy and never dull. Additional information about our organization may be found at our website: www.leadershipmontgomerymd.org
What you will be doing:
The Manager, Events and Special Programs reports to the Director, Membership & Marketing to plan and manage Leadership Montgomery Member events while providing logistical support for all other organizational events. The Manager, Events and Special Programs also works closely with the Director, Corporate Engagement Programs to coordinate, manage and implement Corporate Volunteer Council program offerings while providing logistical support to other program offerings. In addition, the Manager, Events and Special Programs will assist with the ongoing management and maintenance of the organization’s CRM and volunteer databases.
The Manager, Events and Special Programs must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Manager, Events and Special Programs will have the ability to work independently on certain projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
Event Management & Support (45%)
· Plan, coordinates and manage monthly Member Lunches. This includes securing Member hosts, restaurant locations, logistics and payments
· Manage logistics and provide day-of logistical support for LM Signature events including Homecoming, Celebration of Leadership and the Corporate Volunteer Awards Luncheon
· Manage location, food and beverage logistics and online registration for Racial Equity Workshop
· Track event registration targets
· Assist with management and cultivation of vendor relations; research and negotiate contracts for space, food, beverage, supplies, audiovisual equipment
· Assist with Member and special event set-up
· Work closely with Director, Membership & Marketing with the planning of yearly LM Events Calendar
· Provide logistical and administrative support for other events as needed
Program Management & Support (45%)
· Manage LM quarterly Days of Service including identifying nonprofit partners; overseeing logistics; managing volunteer registration and necessary follow-up
· Manage logistics for Workforce for Good Day of Service offerings including, but not limited to volunteer site coordination, volunteer registration and necessary company follow-up
· Assist with management of BoardMatch Montgomery including, but not limited to: training/facilitation scheduling and logistics; training materials preparation; and matching committee and interview coordination.
· Work closely with Director, Corporate Engagement Programs with program planning and execution
· Provide logistical and administrative support for other program offerings as needed
General Administration/Support (10%)
• Assist with the management of CRM and a separate volunteer database
• Assist in responding to CRM and volunteer database support requests from staff, Members and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to, login assistance, dues payments and database update requests.
Required Qualifications and Necessary Skills
o Experience with constituent relationship management systems required (NEON preferred); and
o Complete proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Relationship Building
o Sophisticated people management skills, including the ability to inspire and support our volunteers
o Capacity to collaborate creatively, sensitively, and professionally with a diverse, highly educated staff, Board members, volunteer corps and members of our organization, and
o Professional approach and willingness to support the team fully, including peers and leadership, to fully meet the needs of a growing Leadership Montgomery
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and 2+ years’ experience with event and program management. 3+ years’ experience with event and program management can be substituted for degree.
· Strong writing, oral communications, critical thinking, technology and listening skills;
· Ability to think strategically and analytically with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
· Solid project management skills, including the ability to set goals collaboratively, effectively plan for their achievement and evaluate outcomes;
· Ability to work BOTH independently and collaboratively as a vital member of a team;
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
· Time management to juggle multiple competing priorities, deadlines and tasks;
· Sound judgment, reliability, trustworthiness; and willingness to own the position fully;
· Innately curious, creative, and hungry to make a strong contribution to Leadership Montgomery;
· Ability to remain highly organized and self-disciplined
· Sense of humor
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- Full-time salaried position; benefits provided
- Standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends
- Usually works in an office environment but the mission of the organization may sometimes require a non-standard workplaces
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Candidates must e-mail a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager, Events and Special Programs” in the subject line. Phone calls WILL NOT be accepted.
Qualified candidates will be extended an invitation to interview. Please do not call or e-mail LM staff members for an update to your application.