3211 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way S. Ste. A
About the Organization
College Access Now (CAN)’s mission is to empower students from low-income families to access, enroll and graduate from college at rates equal to their more advantaged peers. Students join CAN's program in high school and are supported through college, receiving intensive one-on-one and general coaching from our team of AmeriCorps coaches, staff and volunteers. Find out more about CAN’s work at www.collegeaccessnow.org.
Our team of 30 CAN AmeriCorps College Coaches empower youth in 11th and 12th grade, as they embark on their journey to and through college. They provide crucial support to students as they navigate social and academic challenges of high schools and enter the intimidating college search, application and enrollment processes. They serve on-site at schools in 4 districts across King County. Learn more at https://www.collegeaccessnow.org/americorps.
About the Position
The AmeriCorps Grant Coordinator is responsible for implementing and managing all aspects of the AmeriCorps program at CAN, and as a key ambassador for AmeriCorps, collaborates with all levels of the organization. The Coordinator ensures that our AmeriCorps program operates in compliance with all AmeriCorps and Serve Washington contract and legal requirements, and provides ongoing support and inspiration to members throughout the service year. This position reports to the Director of Programs.
AmeriCorps & Serve Washington Contract Compliance & Reporting
● Serve as CAN’s local expert and primary contact regarding the AmeriCorps and Serve Washington contract including in-depth knowledge of contract requirements and provisions, and proactively develop, maintain, and enforce policies and procedures to ensure compliance with AmeriCorps and Serve Washington requirements
● Manage quality control of AmeriCorps member files, exit forms and progress reports.
● Manage creation, review and submission process of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and invoices
● Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure monthly timesheets are completed, approved and submitted in a timely manner and member progress towards service completion is on track
● Serve as primary contact and host for CAN’s annual program review site visit with Serve Washington with a goal of receiving no programmatic findings, concerns, or recommendations and addressing any that do arise in a timely manner.
AmeriCorps Member Recruitment & Hiring
● Manage yearly AmeriCorps recruitment outreach process
● Provide support to Operations staff in the AmeriCorps interview and hiring process
● Ensure that all incoming members complete appropriate enrollment paperwork and checks in a timely manner.
AmeriCorps Member Training & Support
● Serve as primary contact for AmeriCorps members regarding any service related issues or questions and solicit feedback regularly from members to identify training needs and opportunities for program improvement.
● Provide ongoing support to Program team to ensure any AmeriCorps related issues are resolved in a timely manner
● Coordinate mid-year and annual review process for AmeriCorps members in collaboration Program Leadership team
● Work closely with Program leadership team to inform annual calendar of AmeriCorps and program trainings and events, with a specific focus on AmeriCorps member development and support
● Develop and co-facilitate various AmeriCorps and program-related trainings and meetings throughout the year.
● Coordinate regular AmeriCorps member recognition and appreciation activities in collaboration with CAN staff, including pursuing relevant awards and recognition opportunities for AmeriCorps members.
AmeriCorps & Serve Washington Visibility & Involvement
● Participate in all required AmeriCorps and Serve Washington related meetings and trainings
● Proactively seek opportunities to increase the visibility and reputation of CAN with Serve Washington and other service organizations including coordinating CAN’s involvement and presence at various community events and meetings, as well as participation in other AmeriCorps and service-related promotional events and activities
● Coordinate CAN’s participation in National Service Day, Day of Caring, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service, and other service projects
● Work with Development department to maintain highly visible AmeriCorps and Serve Washington branding and related content organization wide
General Program & Team Support
● Actively participate as a member of the Program Leadership Team
● Work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff and AmeriCorps members to support various program and organization-wide activities
● Ability to take on additional program specific projects and roles as desired and able
● Bachelor’s degree & 2 or more years of relevant experience
o 2 or more years of relevant experience with AmeriCorps, Human Resources, grant management and/or program support required. Applicants who have completed or are in the process of completing at least one AmeriCorps term at College Access Now are encouraged to apply
● Passion for the mission of College Access Now and a commitment to public service, social justice, and youth development.
● Demonstrated knowledge of AmeriCorps and/or community service.
● Successful track record of managing multiple projects with diverse stakeholders
● Experience with, and understanding of, the diverse communities we serve.
● Familiarity with college access, admissions, higher education, and/or youth advocacy.
● Highly organized with high level of attention to detail and ability to move complex projects forward
● Excellent written and verbal professional communication abilities including ability to deliver engaging presentations, as well as create detailed reports and documents.
● Ability to work well independently and with teams, and initiate and execute projects with minimal supervision
● Strong interpersonal skills, including experience building relationships and collaborating in a diverse team environment.
● Ability to work with AmeriCorps members, staff, volunteers, committees and board members in the implementation of strategies, plans and projects
● Proficient with technology including Google Applications, Microsoft Office applications, social media, and databases.
● Maintain confidentiality on sensitive and high level issues
● Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
The salary range for this position is $39,000 - $42,000, dependent upon qualifications and experience. CAN also offers an excellent benefits package including 24 Paid Time Off (PTO) days each year, accrued at 8 hours per pay period. CAN offers 100% employer paid medical, dental and life insurance, an employee iPhone and laptop, discounted ORCA transit pass, individual professional development funds, and more.
Minimum Education Required