The American Nurses Foundation was founded in 1955 as the 501©(3) research, education, and charitable affiliate of ANA. Individual donors, corporations, government agencies, and private foundations make it possible to for the Foundation to undertake potentially life-changing research, support nurses, and improve health care for all through the power of nursing. Visit www.givetonursing.org. to learn more about the American Nurses Foundation.
The Development Associate of the American Nurses Foundation is responsible for raising $300,000 - $500,000 annually from existing and prospective individual, foundation and corporate donors to support the mission of the Foundation.
1. Solicitation of new and current prospects – 50%
· Develop and implement a fiscal year operating plan for individuals, corporate and foundation giving to achieve established revenue goal of $300,000 - $500,000 annually.
o Focus on converting first-time donors to annual donors at lower level giving - $10,000 and below; and on creating and growing a personal portfolio of prospects with four figure and up gift potential.
o Lead strategies and solicitations through Membership, ANA Enterprise points of purchase, social media, conferences and events, direct mail and other donor acquisition points.
· Create highly competitive case statements, grant requests and other collateral materials for solicitation purposes.
2. Strategy and Analysis – 20%
· Analyze donor data reports, mailing lists and other prospect-gathering mechanisms to generate new prospect pipeline lists.
· Conduct prospect research on current and potential donors.
· Create briefings and strategy for donor visits and events.
· Manage a grants calendar for proposals from foundations and corporations.
3. Stewardship and Relationship-building – 20%
· Initiate opportunities for Board members and other volunteers as well as high level staff members to interact with prospects and donors.
· Participate in managing a sophisticated corporate advisory board.
· Identify and participate in creation of donor story and grant impact communication pieces for use in newsletters, annual reports, etc.
· Develop donor relation and stewardship strategies for lower level donors and prospects, including donors through Membership, ANA Enterprise points of purchase, social media, etc.
4. Collaboration – 10%
· Support and participate in organizational initiatives and projects as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree required; focus on communications, marketing, or non-profit management preferred.
Five years of experience in fundraising roles at non-profits
Results-oriented with demonstrated personal successful donor cultivation and solicitation experience with a range of donors, including individuals, corporations and foundations preferred
Outstanding interpersonal, communication and writing skills
Highly adaptive, change-positive personality capable of working effectively within a team structure and independently
Knowledge and experience in fundraising best practices and regulations
Good judgment and integrity
Broad degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Proficient in Microsoft Office, including excel, PowerPoint, word.
Adept at analyzing data.
The American Nurses Foundation was founded in 1955 as the 501©(3) research, education, and charitable affiliate of ANA. Individual donors, corporations, government agencies, and private foundations make it possible to for the Foundation to…
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
· Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
· 3 weeks paid vacation and Christmas week off (paid)
· 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
· Excellent matching 401K plan
· Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
· Flexible Spending Accounts
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers…