Position Summary : The Philanthropy Operations Analyst reports to the Director of Philanthropy CRM and is responsible for supporting The Trust for Public Land’s database management, donor pipeline development, prospect analytics and end-user support on all Philanthropy information systems. This position requires extensive knowledge of relational
databases and Excel.
● Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and
mission of The Trust for Public Land.
● Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events.
● Anticipate the needs of teammates and colleagues by constantly evaluating those
individuals and the environment for cues.
● Deliver outstanding service to teammates and colleagues.
● Process data and data-centric tasks with a very high standard of quality.
● Approach job functions and teammates with the flexibility to facilitate rapidly adjusting
to address competing priorities.
● Manage many simultaneous competing priorities, prioritize and resolve them to deliver
● Define needs, design solutions, and deliver desirable outcomes in a timely manner.
Philanthropy Operations Helpdesk
● Serve as a secondary system administrator (Jira), trainer, and support strategic
development. Manage and design user interface, forms, and workflows.
● Primary Helpdesk Agent: Assign issues and ensure they are addressed in a timely
manner; liaison between teams, agents, and customers as needed.
CRM User Support and Training
● Tier 1 Application Support (ClearView CRM): Troubleshoots configuration and settings.
● Document, report, and help resolve tier 2 issues.
● New user training and ongoing issue-specific training.
● Help identify needs and strategic use cases for new features and business processes;
document, communicate and help achieve desired outcome with vendor and teammates
- provide support for rollout to users including defining procedures and business rules.
Report and List Development
● Tier 1 Report Requests: includes variations of mail and email lists, gift reports,
prospect/gift attribute reports using Crystal Reports, SQL queries, and Excel.
● Produce data visualizations using Excel, PowerPoint, and various other BI tools.
● Manage database integrity and hygiene efforts including duplicate resolution.
● Manage imports for data appends; evaluate and process code table maintenance.
● Occasionally participate in gift processing where additional staffing capacity is needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
● Adept attention to detail and highly organized.
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Ability to learn quickly.
● Understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when
● Capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
● Adapt constructively to rapidly changing dynamics and priorities.
● Pre-hire proficiency required in Microsoft Windows & Office, Google Drive, and Slack.
● Proficiency required, with post-hire training as needed, in ClearView CRM, Crystal
Reports, Jira & Jira Service Desk.
● Minimum of 1 year of experience working with a relational database system.
● Preference for experience:
o with SQL*Plus, Crystal Reports, and Jaspersoft BI
o with a helpdesk/issue tracking system (like Jira)
o in a nonprofit fundraising environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply