Independent Contractor as Project Assistant for EPA Grant for Citizens Committee for New York City
- Job posted by Citizens Committee for New York City, Inc.
EPA Grant Title: Pilot Program for Reusable Takeout Containers in a Corporate Cafeteria.
CCNYC is seeking a motivated individual to work as an independent contractor to be the Project Assistant for a 1 year EPA grant. The Project Assistant will work under the direction and supervision of the Program Manager and two local advisors to perform administrative, operational and programmatic tasks. The successful candidate is expected to be available for an average of five and a half hours per week. The Assistant must have access to a computer, telephone, and internet. The need for availability will vary at times, with peak needs leading up to and during the pilot. This position starts in November 2018. Please read the full EPA grant application (10 pages) before applying for this position.
The goal of the grant is to develop and implement a reusable takeout container pilot/case study for a corporate office with food service operations onsite. We intend to highlight the cost saving opportunities and benefits of reusable container programs. We will tailor the pilot to the corporation selected, build a case study identifying lessons learned, and further refine the information and materials developed during the pilot into a toolkit that can be used to roll out reusables programs at other corporations with onsite cafeterias. Lessons learned from a successful corporate cafeteria reusable container refill model will help establish the foundation for reusables pilot programs at other types of food service operation, such as fast casual food restaurants.
- Assist with the pilot program for 11 months
- Assist with creating presentations to pitch pilot concept to stakeholders
- Assist with maintaining contact management database
- Assist with managing outreach to find corporate partner
- Meeting scheduling and managing
- Assist with the creation and management of a budget for corporate program
- Assist with the development of outreach materials for brochures, signage, registration forms, etc.
- Assist with writing quarterly report for EPA
- Assist with managing EPA supplies budget
- Provide weekly update to Director
- Attend meetings related to pilot program
- Assist with training and educating pilot partners and staff on program operations
- Tabling and outreach to sign up pilot participants
- Assist with various grant administrations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communications skills, including writing, proof reading and speaking
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Passion for and experience with environmental and waste management issues
- Charismatic, enthusiastic, positive energy to work environment
- Ability to work on a flexible work schedule, some week more than others
- New York City resident
- Experience with graphic design a plus
- Spanish speaking a plus
This position is as an independent contractor. The Contractor will be responsible for all income taxes. This position pays $15/hour, equating to an average of 5.5 hours per week.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter, resume by October 19, 2018 to Laura Rosenshine firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject EPA Job Application. Please include available times for interview for the week of Oct 22nd