Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Budget, Performance Review, and Strategic Planning Vice Presidency (BPS) is organized into two Departments: BPS’s Global Practices and Regions (BPSGR) with teams supporting Operational Units; and BPS’s Corporate and Middle Office (BPSCM) with teams supporting Institutional, Governance, and Administrative Units as well as providing Corporate planning, budgeting, and reporting services. As a Resource Management (RM) function, BPS has the following key accountabilities: strategy and business planning; expense management; performance review and reporting; resource management infrastructure development and maintenance; internal controls and risk management; and resource management capacity building. BPS’ service delivery model has three core roles: (1) Business Partners (serving clients directly with focus on decision support and performance oversight); (2) Centers of Expertise (providing thought-leadership and analytics, designing business finance policies, practices, and coordinating business finance knowledge management); and (3) Service Center (managing delivery of high volume and transactional and reporting services across Bank, including help desk support to clients).
Hiring Units Context
Within the role of Business Partner, units reporting to BPSGR and BPSCM have as their main business objective to assist their clients to deliver their work programs with the funding sources available to them including, where applicable, Bank Budget, RAS, EFO, BETF sources and other external funds including Shared Services, Capital Budget, and Cost Recovery.
BPS is now seeking to recruit six Resource Management Analysts (RMAs) for different units in BPSGR and BPSCM, to help drive, support and implement the RM Service Delivery model. Note additional GE vacancies may be included should the business need arise in the short term.
Current open positions are in the following units:
· BPSAF (BPS Africa) unit is home of the RM team that supports the 2 Africa Regions, respectively Africa East & Southern (AFE) and Africa West & Central (AFW). These 2 Regions have +2,100 staff in HQ and Country Offices with a combined administrative budget of around $677m, organized around Regional Directors (4 in each Region), Country Directors (6 in each Region), a few central departments and the VP Front Offices (2). As a business partner unit, the BPSAF RM team supports their clients’ work programs and resource planning of administrative and reimbursable funds, their implementation and monitoring, as well as drafting relevant budget related documents pertaining to client work programs.
· BPSSE (BPS Sustainable Development Practice Group and Europe and Central Asia Region) unit supports a PG and a Regional client group with a combined budget of approximately $474 million. GGSVP is comprised of eight Global Directors departments in addition to the VP’s front office, Director of Strategy and Operations, and a Chief Economist unit. ECAVP is comprised of four Regional Directors and seven country management units (CMUs), in addition to the VP’s front office, Director of Strategy and Operations and a Chief Economist unit.
· BPSCO (BPS Center of Expertise for Operations) supports units across BPSGR with a combined Bank Budget, Reimbursables and External Funds of approximately $2.7bn, and BPS management on corporate reporting and analytics, and is organized along 5 functional areas: (1) Business Planning, Monitoring and WPA; (2) Data and Analytics to support Corporate exercises and Operations; (3) Coordination work across Regions and PGs; (4) Global Footprint planning and costing, including managing the Global Mobility Assignment Benefit (GMA); and (5) RM advisory service on centralized RM areas e.g. STA/DAIS/Evacuation payments, other RM policy advice; and continuing support to business process design in conjunction with other BPS teams as applicable.
· BPSSO (BPS Solutions) unit works to provide excellent, sustainable and valued RM data, knowledge, processing, reporting and systems solutions to enable BPS and its clients determine and manage budget-related resources efficiently and effectively, in full compliance with applicable policy and regulatory requirements. The team works alongside BPS and its clients to identify business needs and to determine solutions to business problems. The solutions are based on achieving excellence across BPS in the following disciplines: data management; knowledge management/advisory; process design and execution; and increasingly standardized and automated technology-based solutions.
· BPSIB (BPS for IT and BPS) supports the Information Technology Solutions Vice Presidency and the Budget, Performance Review, and Strategic Planning Vice Presidency. BPSIB has a combined Bank Budget, Reimbursable and Capital Budget of approximately $443mn; and, is currently looking for an Analyst to support budget needs of ITSKI (IT Knowledge and Information Services), ITSTI (IT Technology and Innovation) and ITS Front office clients and assisting them on the use of the ITS admin dashboard and the ITS Capital Dashboard.
The selected candidates are expected to be excellent team players, comfortable working with large datasets with extensive data modeling skills, preferably with finance/accounting/economics background/ experience with strong analytical skills, and knowledge in one or more of the key functional areas that BPS supports.
As with all other BPS staff, RMAs are expected to be fungible and able to work across different assignments over time depending on business needs and professional development objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
RM Analysts are expected to be specialists in business finance analytics, controls, processes and data management, and able to support decision-making through the provision of timely, fit for purpose information on the management of financial resources across all funding sources. In line with the competencies listed below, RM Analysts are expected to be experts in the day-to-day maintenance of the core RM systems, processes and disciplines, with advanced knowledge of RM policies, SAP and the Bank’s core reporting and data mining tools.
RM Analysts are also expected to be able to work directly with client management as business partners. The job holder will have specific accountabilities consistent with the grade and the generic RM responsibilities mentioned above. These will be determined in relation to a specific work assignment and articulated in annual objectives prior to the start of each fiscal year.
• Minimum Education consisting of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other relevant discipline required to fulfill position specific requirements (e.g. Economics, Public Administration, Information Systems, etc.) OR non-relevant Bachelor's Degree plus one of the following: (1) CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting; or (2) ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business; or (3) equivalent country-level Accounting certificate.
• Minimum of two years of relevant experience in a comparable accounting or finance-oriented role.
• Advanced knowledge of Bank RM/finance systems and reports, particularly SAP, BW/AO and BPC and/or demonstrated experience with major systems for financial/budget management.
• Track record of supporting business decision making through the provision of relevant analytics.
• Excellent communications skills (written and oral) and people oriented
• Knowledge of external funds policies and procedures is desirable..
• Experience with relevant business areas from both in and outside the bank will be helpful.
• Experience of data management/modeling; process analysis, design and automation
• Proficiency in RM Analyst competencies (listed below):
• Planning and budgeting: Able to produce standard activity and unit-level reports and budgets using inputs from senior staff or operational management, and to provide basic analysis of budget information. Working knowledge of the sources and nature of the entity’s funding structure and sources. Understands the work program (e.g. lending, non-lending operations) of the unit.
• Performance Evaluation and Reporting: Able to determine the information needs of users, and present information that supports management decision making.
• Integrity and Independence: Prepares accurate reports, ensuring that pertinent facts are fairly presented; shares information freely
• Internal controls and corporate procedures: Able to analyze data and business processes to determine the viability of controls and procedures, ensuring compliance and identifying and communicating to managers any issues or areas of risk.
For information about WBG Core Competencies, please visit: https://bit.ly/2kbIA7O.
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the…
Please refer to the website url link for instructions on applying.
Please refer to the website url link for instructions on applying.