SUPPORTIVE HOUSING - CONGREGATE
LOCATION: 10-12 Wales Street, Dorchester, MA
SCHEDULE: 7 hours, Sunday - Saturday, Asleep Overnight Coverage 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.; one (1) paid hour each day
Pine Street Inn Congregate Housing provides comprehensive residential and clinical support services to homeless and chronically homeless tenants.
The Live In House Manager contributes to the well being of the tenants through maintaining the cleanliness of the property, providing asleep overnight coverage and responding to emergency situations as necessary, promoting social interaction and cooperative problem solving, and participating in a neighborhood association as a representative of the Pine Street Inn.
As a condition of employment, in order for Pine Street Inn to be in compliance with regulations pertaining to this housing, the Live In House Manager must have a total annual income equal to or less than sixty percent of the area median income (AMI) as established by HUD. As of October 1, 2015, this amount for a single individual is $41,400. This amount may fluctuate from year to year. The Live In House Manager also may not be a full time student.
- High School Diploma or GED
- English Literacy
- Ability to work well with a diverse population, including formerly chronically homeless persons and those living with co-occurring behavioral health disorders.
- Basic computer literacy
- Crisis Intervention skills
- Ability to respond quickly to emergencies
- Ability to climb up to three (3) flights of stairs as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
PAY: $11.00 DOE
Minimum Education Required