1997 Annapolis Exchange Parkway
QM Quality Matters, Inc. (QM) is a non-profit organization providing online education quality assurance, in part, through the application of quantitatively standardized rubrics. QM works across all levels of educational institutions to facilitate the improvement of online learning and the course review process. QM provides professional development workshops, certification courses for institutions and education professionals to maintain quality assurance in online learning.
We’re looking for two full-time, exempt Professional Development Specialists (PDS) to support our geographically distributed team. The PDS instructs/leads QM online certification courses and workshops, supporting the QM mission of continuous quality improvement. This is a remote position.*
At QM, you’ll work with awesome people when you join our team of super smart, kind, funny, gritty, determined, and optimistic folks. We work hard, celebrate victories large and small, and have your back through it all. We encourage you to tackle new responsibilities as they evolve. You’ll find a diverse culture of inclusiveness here because it matters.
The ideal Professional Development Specialist candidate will possess an APPQMR Online Facilitator Certification and three years’ or more experience delivering training, higher education instruction or professional development courses. S/he is self-driven, comfortable working independently, and possesses effective multi-tasking skills with a high attention to detail.
Some preferred skills include three years’ experience instructing, facilitating or developing courses with Moodle 3.x, experience facilitating Quality Matters professional development online workshops/courses and possession of a current QM Master Reviewer certification.
The QM Professional Development Specialist instructs/leads certification courses, and workshops following approved QM procedures. The PDS creates an engaging learning environment encouraging participant involvement through individual feedback and coaching.
While the schedule is somewhat flexible, the PDS is required to provide course management and instruction on evenings and weekends.
The PDS supports the QM mission of continuous quality improvement by;
- Accurately describing and modeling QM guidelines.
- Providing clear expectations for success.
- Observing and evaluating participants' work, making written suggestions for improvement.
- Maintaining a professional attitude while collaboratively working for an equitable conflict resolution.
Additional success factors for the position include the following responsibilities:
- Review participant evaluations to provide management and the Instructional Design team with recommended changes for the design and delivery approach.
- Manage Course Content, Implement specific changes to workshops and courses as needed.
- Collaborate as a member of the QM Team to ensure Quality Matters’ mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the Senior Manager and Professional Development Registrar to develop a course schedule meeting the PD budget.
- Follow a weekly schedule coordinated with the Senior Manager of Professional Development.
- Attend in-person QM conferences and any required organizational or planning meetings.
- This exempt full-time position is eligible to participate in the QM benefit package after 90 days.
- The starting salary range is $58k-$60k ($27.88 to 28.47 per hour.)
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 100% Employer-sponsored Life Insurance, ADD and LTD Insurance.
- Generous PTO including vacation, sick leave and 11 holidays per year.
- We offer a 401k retirement plan with a 4% annual employer matching contribution.
- You may also qualify for the Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program depending on the type of loans you hold.
- No commuting time or costs!
Level of Language Proficiency
*Residency Requirement and Work Schedule
- This position is remote based, QM operates a virtual office with remote staff in 15 states. For this position QM will accept applications from all states, however preference will be given to residents of the states in which we are currently registered; CA, CT, FL, IL, IN, KS, MI, MD, MO, NV, OH, OR, PA, SC, WA.
- Regardless of physical location, all QM employees are required to be available to attend the synchronous core schedule of M-F, 10a-3p, ET and participate in weekly virtual staff meetings. (Exceptions on a per case basis).
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to provide proof of both identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification forms. QM regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas.
- Any supplemental work must not exceed 30 percent of any employee’s usually scheduled hours. All part-time and full-time employees’ combined total weekly scheduled hours including supplemental work cannot exceed a combined total of 52 hours per week.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or associated field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience delivering training, instructing in higher education or professional development courses.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience teaching or facilitating online workshops or courses.
- A minimum of two (2) years of instructional design experience.
- Current Quality Matters’ APPQMR Online Facilitator Certification.
- Disciplined self-starter, highly productive in a virtual environment, as evidenced by past success.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently.
- Must have reliable access to insured transportation.
- Must have access to reliable high speed internet.
Required Technology Proficiencies:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching or facilitating courses in a Learning Management System.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Expert level email user.
- Demonstrated proficiency with real-time, virtual communication tools (e.g. Skype and Zoom).
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience using Google applications.
- Willingness to learn additional database systems as well as other software packages that support the goals of QM, i.e. Alfresco, SoftChalk, CourseArc, Drupal, MyQM, QMData, Adobe Acrobat Pro, video and audio formats, file system naming protocols and management.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants must submit a current resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Place “Professional Development Specialist Position” in the subject line of your email.
Attach your word .doc resume and cover letter to your email, as one document, titled with your last name, first initial, and include an answer to why you believe that you would be a good fit for this role and QM (e.g., your strengths and major contributions that best describe your abilities). Please include where you heard about the position.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will close by Aug 19, 2018, (11:59 pm, ET) or when 100 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. Early submission is recommended.
We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.
Resumes, emails or applications submitted directly to QM managers, staff or after the noted cutoff date and time will not be considered. Upon submission of your application, you will receive a confirmation email.
Due to the high volume of applications QM receives, we regret that we are unable to reply to application status update requests. However, if you are selected for an interview opportunity, you will generally be contacted within two weeks of the position closing date.
QM is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our team members and work to create an environment where everyone can reach his or her full potential and achieve outstanding results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identification or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.