680 South Wilton Place
KYCC is committed to meeting the needs of the multicultural Koreatown community. The Youth Services unit is committed to bringing out the best in the youth that we serve. We educate, build capacity and work alongside each individual to address emerging issues. We strive to encourage them to find their passion by patiently supporting them, and to unlock their potential by cultivating their strengths. We believe that quality youth programs can make a powerful difference in the life of a child, and we are looking for a driven and committed individuals to join our team.
We have been serving our diverse community for more than 40 years, and if you're passionate about creating change within our community, one family at a time, we'd like to meet you.
KYCC currently has one (1) opening for the Prevention Specialist position. Under the direction of the Prevention Manager, the Prevention Specialist is a direct service position responsible for developing, facilitating, coordinating, implementing, and supervising academic, prevention, and enrichment services targeting at-risk primarily middle-school and at times high-school aged youth. Performance is reviewed on a continuous basis with specific goals and objectives identified throughout the year. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, working 40 hours a week.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications (All applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology or other-related field from an accredited College or University OR an AA degree and two years of experience working with at-risk middle or high school-aged youth.
- Minimum one (1) year experience running a youth program to serve population that was impacted by substance use, violence, low-grades, and other risk factors.
- Knowledge and/or instructional classroom experience working with middle or high school-aged youth and families from various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge and understanding of substance use prevention planning including community-based and environmental prevention efforts.
- Bilingual capacity (English/Korean).
- Possess flexibility, initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and communication skills with colleagues, clients and representatives from other community organizations.
- Strong commitment and competency to work with a multi-cultural community.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in a team process.
Excellent benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be bilingual in English/Korean.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include the position title when applying
To apply, mail, FAX or e-mail COVER LETTER and RESUME to: Koreatown Youth & Community Center Attn: Personnel 3727 W. 6th St., Suite 300 Los Angeles, CA 90020 FAX: (213) 927-0017 E-mail: email@example.com
No phone calls or visits, please.
<KYCC is an EOE and E-Verify employer.>
Do not repost this position without prior written authorization from the KYCC Personnel Office. Any resumes received from unauthorized sites will be considered unsolicited.