227 East 3rd Street
Lower East Side Family Union, A non-profit organization established in 1974 to strengthen, preserve and empower families seeks qualified professionals to assist in its efforts of enhancing the quality of family life through the delivery of culturally linguistic and responsive services.
Fiscal Officer (Full-Time)
The Fiscal Officer will lead and direct all aspects of financial management, including budget, revenue, payroll, purchasing, accounting, grants and contracts management, banking, and funding/regulatory agency relationships. S/he will leverage and maximize financial resources for current and new programs. S/he will manage cash flow matters of a complex human service provider, and ensure that Lower East Side Family Union meets the highest standard of financial integrity and service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily transactional accounting activities of the organization.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets for government or private contracts and grants.
- Prepare all monthly and quarterly billing invoices for all contracts and grants.
- Maintain the general ledger, including posting payroll and other entries as required.
- Completes bank reconciliations timely as required.
- Oversees all accounting and payroll functions.
- Performs monthly closing and prepares financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors.
- Serves as the fiscal audit liaison (e.g.. support, Form 990 Schedules, preparation).
- Monitors progress and changes and keep the leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments (i.e. private donors, AmazonSmile, GoFundMe), and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Supervises the bookkeeper.
Ideal Qualifications and Knowledge Required:
- History of successful financial leadership experience, ideally in large, complex not-for-profit human service, healthcare or government setting.
- Knowledge of New York City’s Health and Human Services Accelerator is preferred.
- Experience working with direct-service programs is a plus.
- Strong accounting, finance, control, and cash management skills.
- Seasoned, mature leadership skills with exceptional judgment.
- Able to see the big picture and add value to new business development and forecasting.
- Excellent analytical and strategic abilities.
- A collaborative, collegial team player.
- Change management, business process redesign, and systems implementation experience.
- Able to work effectively with engaged and committed board members and committee chairs.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills.
- Skilled manager, mentor, and team leader.
- The highest commitment to professionalism and integrity.
- A passion for helping others and for the Lower East Side Family Union mission.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- MBA in Finance is required; a CPA is a plus.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems used in financial and /or accounting applications (i.e., FundEZ) is strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you’re interested in a competitive salary and benefits package send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to: Inquiry@lesfu.org . Please indicate "Fiscal Officer" in the subject line of your email.