Details: $26/Hr. Licensed or $24/Hr. Associate
51 Zaca Lane
San Luis Obispo
Purpose and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Counseling Services, the Bilingual Therapist is responsible for providing counseling services for clients of the agency – adult survivors of domestic violence (DV) and children/teens who are trauma survivors. This employee may see clients at any or all of the following locations: the counseling centers in San Luis Obispo and Grover Beach, the Emergency Safe House, Transitional Housing, school campuses, and other off-site locations. This position often involves coordinating, training, supervising, or managing the activities of clients to accomplish their goals. Very advanced communication and organizational skills are required.
· Marriage and Family Therapist, Social Work or Professional Clinical Counselor License or Associate.
· BA in sociology, psychology or related field.
· MA in Clinical Psychology or other related program.
· Minimum two years’ experience working as a therapist in a similar setting with similar population.
· Proficiency in English and Spanish.
· Passion for and commitment to Stand Strong’s mission.
· Strong communication skills, including listening, written and oral.
· Ability to handle sensitive issues with discretion and confidentiality.
· Demonstrate cultural competency and awareness in dealing with diverse populations.
· Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must complete a back-ground check (paid for by employer)
- Completion of Stand Strong's 40-hr Domestic Violence training program before working with any Stand Strong clients unless applicant already has the required 40-hr training.
- Must attend staff meetings and supervisions as required.
Medical (Organization pays 80% of monthly Premium for Medical) - Company paid Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Benefits first of month following 30 days of employment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish is mandatory for this position.
Minimum Education Required