- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc.
- a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks an Education/Employment Counselor who will provide daily supports to clients with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in our Day Programs The Education/Employment Counselor provides programming and support for clients based on need and functioning level.
- These programs focus on education, employment, community integration, skill development and therapies, including the development and implementation of the Individual Support Plan.
- We are looking for someone who strive to: Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Provide direct employment support and on the job training both in house and in the community.
- Participate in the development and direct implementation of the Individual Support Plan.
- Assist individuals in community employment, this may include training in soft skills, on the job training and acting as a liaison with employers and potential employers.
- Teach classes to individuals following program curriculum.
- Assess individual training needs, develop descriptive teaching programs and curricula and monitors effectiveness through data collection.
- Implement clinical and behavioral treatment plans, record target behaviors on data sheets and participate in clinical consultation as needed.
- Provide crisis assessment, prevention and needed intervention.
- Administer medications as required.
- On a rotating schedule provide transportation to individuals to and from the program in Bay Cove vans.
- What you will need to bring: Education - BA/BS Experience – One year previous work experience in a human services.
- Skills – Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse population of individuals, co-workers, care providers, family, community members and others.
- Capacity to work both independently and within a team context.
- License –Valid driver’s license.
- Certification- A current certification in CPR, SFA, PREVENT and MAP.
- Physical - Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed.
- Keywords: Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, Care Worker, Caregiver, Group Home, Case Management, Day Services, Day Programs, Advocacy, Support, Human Services, Nonprofit
Driving License Required? Yes
Minimum Education Required