30 Winter Street
Beyond Conflict, a global non-profit organization based in Boston is looking for a resourceful and creative Finance and Operations Associate who is eager to learn the intricacies of non-profit operations and financial management. The Finance and Operations Associate will work closely with the Director of Finance and Operations to ensure that all organizational financial controls and operational needs are met. Areas of responsibility include expense reimbursements, monthly credit card reconciliation, bank reconciliation, purchasing and item inventory management, other office operations roles as assigned. The Finance and Operations associate works closely with the Director of Finance and Operations in a growth environment to ensure the success of strategic initiatives and the fulfillment of Beyond Conflict’s work and mission. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and requires a task-oriented analytical thinker a commitment to the mission of Beyond Conflict, and a desire to learn the accounting and finance functions of a non-profit organization. This position requires most of the work to be done onsite in Boston, MA.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Manage organizational purchasing by fulfilling purchase requisitions.
• Collect and organize all credit card receipts for processing.
• Log all credit card expenses and run credit card reconciliation process.
• Log all bank expenses and run bank reconciliation process.
• Assist with organizational asset management and upkeep.
• Manage the accounts payable process to ensure on-time payments for all bills and invoices.
• Work closely with the Director of Finance to maintain an accurate audit trail and ensure a clean audit.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Understanding of relational database theory, or experience working with relational databases in the past.
• Experience using online accounting software a plus
• Excellent problem solving and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and consistently meet multiple deadlines
To apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Finance and Operations Associate” in the subject line. Beyond Conflict is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: please send resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position and availability during the work week (availability outside of traditional work hours is okay) to Dillon Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the Subject Line "Finance and Operations Associate". **No Phone Calls Please**
Current accounting or business students interested in non-profit finance are strongly encouraged to apply.