ICA Cristo Rey is a single-sex Catholic, college-preparatory school, located in the Mission District of San Francisco, is sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose. Our school follows the commitment of our foundress, Mother Maria Pia Backes, to serve the young, the poor, and the vulnerable.
ICA Cristo Rey is a member of the Cristo Rey Network of schools. Our young women engage in a corporate work-study experience that makes college-preparatory education accessible and affordable and prepares them for professional success.
Vice President of Development
ICA Cristo Rey seeks to fill the role of Vice President of Development by August 31, 2022. The Vice President of Development is a key member of the school's Leadership Team and the face of the school to the philanthropic community. Success in this role is essential to the financial viability and sustainability of the school.
The VP of Development must have a comprehensive knowledge of ICA Cristo Rey and its history and strengths, a deep knowledge of its place within the San Francisco school landscape, and the attributes that make it unique. The VP must have familiarity with the various funding sources which are available to the school, and the ability to pursue these with professionalism and skill.
Experience in successfully navigating a diverse network of stakeholders is essential. The ideal candidate has experience structuring and executing fundraising strategies and campaigns that generate significant contributions annually and understands the San Francisco Bay Area investment and philanthropic community. The VP of Development has the responsibility to structure the Development Department to maximize its ability to meet its goals and oversees day-to-day operations of the department. In addition, the VP is expected to coordinate with the Corporate Work Study Program director so that there is consistency in messaging and fundraising between Development and the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP).
With very little support from tuition, ICA Cristo Rey’s revenues are substantially derived from corporate support for the Work Study Program and from contributions raised by the Development department. Although the head of CWSP has responsibility for its activities and revenues, close coordination is necessary to ensure maximum benefit for ICA Cristo Rey.
Structure and Responsibilities
The Vice President of Development reports directly to the President of ICA Cristo Rey, and in collaboration with the President, CFO, CWSP Director, Marketing and Communications Director, and Principal (The Leadership Team), helps to ensure the financial viability of the school.
The Vice President of Development must be effective in developing excellent working relationships with the School’s Leadership Team, faculty and staff, Board of Directors, donors, corporate partners, and the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose Congregation.
It is the responsibility of the VP of Development to direct and coordinate operations of the Development department to support ICA Cristo Rey's growth and sustainability:
· Working with the board finance and development committees, structure and manage the development effort to solidify the institution's financial sustainability.
· Build and execute on fundraising campaigns to support the revenue goals set by the President and the Board.
· Increase fundraising revenue as necessary to support the budget.
· Manage events, with the support of event chairs, Board of Directors, and department staff.
· Monitor fundraising revenue to ensure that it is meeting budgeted targets.
· Build solid relationships and effective communications with the Development Committee of the Board and the entire Board of Directors to ensure board understanding and support of fundraising, event, and marketing objectives.
· Aggressively promote ICA Cristo Rey in the community, raising awareness of ICA Cristo Rey and its mission, while reflecting the mission and values of the school with all constituencies.
· Develop and mentor the development team.
· Develop an effective communications strategy to support and enhance the efforts of Development and the development effort across departments.
· Conduct personnel evaluations twice per year within the department.
· Employ best HR practices at all times.
· Manage all personnel related issues within the Development department.
· Attend ICA Cristo Rey and other events as appropriate.
· Travel for meetings and conferences as deemed appropriate for professional development and fundraising purposes.
· With the leadership team, contribute to the development of plans to maximize CWSP’s effectiveness and revenue.
· Ensure effective coordination with CWSP in donor relations and revenue recognition.
· Manage department expenses so that they adhere to budget targets.
· Assess department organization/structure for effectiveness and make such changes as are necessary to maximize results.
· Exercise strong leadership within Development, to incentivize and appropriately reward staff and ensure that the department mirrors ICA Cristo Rey’s values.
Minimum Qualifications/Education Requirements
· Believe in the mission and demonstrate the ability to work with diverse stakeholders to ensure the financial sustainability of ICA Cristo Rey.
· Five years’ experience in a professional capacity which required meeting challenging goals in a timely manner, successfully managing a team to help meet those goals, and effectively communicating with diverse constituencies.
· Bachelor's degree
· Some experience in development, including familiarity with fundraising campaigns and donor interaction.
· Knowledge of best practices in the development field.
· Comprehensive working knowledge of the software commonly used in development, especially Salesforce.
· Experience managing a team to accomplish clear objectives.
· Willingness to work diligently to meet stated goals, both physically at ICA Cristo Rey and remotely.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Willingness to follow appropriate procedures and ethical guidelines set out by ICA Cristo Rey in completing work and in making decisions.
Salary and Benefits
Comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary dependent on
ICA Cristo Rey is a single-sex Catholic, college-preparatory school, located in the Mission District of San Francisco, is sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose. Our school follows the commitment of our foundress…
Fully paid employee health, dental, and vision.
Fully paid employee health, dental, and vision.