637 Park Avenue
- Meet with students and graduates seeking jobs, better employment, career guidance, vocational training, and college counseling. Document goals, key information, and action steps.
- Assist students and graduates in completing job applications, preparing resumes and other career materials, and preparing for interviews.
- Advise on diverse job search strategies based on the student’s educational accomplishments, work history, personality, skills and interest.
- Assist graduates with college transition process, including choice of school and major, registration and application forms, referrals for financial aid applications (FAFSA), and assistance with scholarship applications as needed. Maintain on-going relationship with alumnae.
- Guide students in career exploration and in pursuing appropriate job training or educational opportunities.
- Build alliances/partnerships/relationships with businesses, employment agencies, and other partners specializing in entry-level jobs in the greater Bridgeport area with the goal of placing students in full and part-time employment.
- Increase MLC visibility
- Support potential employers by preparing students for workplace
- Provide ongoing coaching of students once placed in job
- Conduct weekly review of selected job boards and resources for possible jobs; post and share job opportunities with students who are seeking employment.
- Work with Curriculum Manager and other staff members in the delivery of job skills workshops, mock interviews and other employment activities for students at all levels.
- Work with designated volunteers to meet with students at scheduled times on job search and interview preparation.
- Provide training to volunteers
- Monitor progress of volunteer/student goals.
- Serve as liaison to and develop relationships with key contacts at HCC, NCC, Gateway Community College, SHU, St Vincent’s College, the Workplace, and other vocational schools and colleges.
- Understand programs offered and counsel students in selecting courses/programs that are appropriate to their goals and circumstances.
- Assist students in the application and registration process, as well as with referrals for financial aid.
- Research and identify appropriate scholarship resources and maintain lists.
- Assist students with scholarship applications and follow up.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Participate in professional staff development activities
- Be punctual for all meetings, work and classroom assignments
- Work in a collaborative style
- Submit weekly reports to President
- Assist President in any additional work as needed.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume with cover letter to Jeanette Lizondro at firstname.lastname@example.org.