2759 Webster Avenue
Part of the Solution (POTS) is a 'one-stop shop' helping low-income individuals and families move from crisis to stability and, ultimately, self-sufficiency. POTS helps more than 30,000 people, including 9,000 children, annually. Currently, services include a Community Dining Room; a Food Pantry; Clothing Room, Shower, and Mail Facilities; Barbershop; Case Management; a Legal Clinic; and the POTS Family Club.
About the position
The Employment Case Manager will assist POTS clients seeking employment using the skills and resources commonly associated with case management and social work. The Employment Case Manager will assess clients’ skills, employment history and goals and develop case plans aimed at improving job-related skills and removing other barriers with the goal of obtaining employment.
· Recruit and assess clients: With a focus on work readiness, assess interested clients in the areas of education, work experience, professionalism, goals and barriers. Occasionally attend job fairs and other recruitment events to recruit new clients.
· Create employment-focused case plans: Work with clients to identify specific and realistic employment goals based on education, skills, experience and interests. Reduce and remove barriers and create new pathways to employment and career advancement. When appropriate connect clients to GED/HSE/ESOL classes and skills training programs. Services provided include working with clients to improve resumes and cover letters, interviewing skills practice, and a reduction of barriers to work (for example finding child care or elder care, housing stability). Ensure clients access benefits and services for which they are eligible. Follow up with clients to provide supportive services geared towards employment stability and career advancement.
· Collaborate with partner providers: Maintain and build POTS connections to employers and other workforce development providers. Maintain and use this network to appropriately refer clients to programs that will serve them best.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 2-3 years of experience in case management, social work, guidance counseling, career advising
· Interest in developing a network to help expand the opportunities for the clients
· Ability to have complex conversations in Spanish
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
· Knowledgeable with Microsoft Word and Excel
· Willingness to be creative and flexible, compassionate and patient
· Dedication to the mission and values of POTS
· Knowledge of nonprofit network in the NYC metro area, specifically workforce development providers
· Knowledge of other nonprofits in New York though work or internship experience
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Employment Case Manager.” The cover letter must include a description of the applicant's qualifications, Spanish language ability, and salary requirements.
POTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. POTS encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.