Regional Manager of Firefighter Partnerships- Culver City, CA
- Job posted by Muscular Dystrophy Association, Inc
The Regional Manager of Firefighter Partnerships is a dynamic and creative fundraiser responsible for securing and growing new income, developing relationships with Regional and local firefighters, and working to expand MDA’s business including but not limited to MDA’s core firefighter Community Engagement programs such as Fill the Boot. The Regional Manager of Firefighter Partnerships will work closely with their Regional Manager, Executive Directors along with the NVP of Organizational Partnerships to ensure income growth in the region and market, bringing new Locals and non-union departments into the FTB Program and/or other special events, while also looking to expand opportunities to grow the fundraising partnership. S/he will work to implement the program established by the National Vice President for Organizational Partnerships. In addition to the Regional Director s/he reports to, this role is also expected to collaborate with and take direction from the National Vice Presidents to ensure best practices are being followed.
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently completing activities and meeting target deadlines in order to achieve or exceed financial goals and execute successful Community Engagement events such as Fill the Boot and other fire fighter events, within the district business plan.
- Execute/oversee District business plan to exceed revenue goals and quotas specifically related to growth and new income sources.
- Identify and execute best practices that result in growth of event revenue in alignment with income plans; drives standards of excellence and encourages innovation in Fill the Boot and other fire fighter events.
- Create fundraising opportunities through various development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up, and new lead generation.
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, to current/former/potential Locals, Departments, and potential business sponsors using effective written and verbal communication.
- Represent MDA throughout the community and actively engage in networking events and business development groups with emphasis on the local IAFF and non-union firefighters.
- Collaborate and take direction from their Regional Manager along with the NVP to develop a Region wide fundraising strategy, timelines and goals with concentrated focus on existing Fill the Boot programs and innovative firefighter community events.
- Working with the National Vice President for Organizational Partners, develop innovative programs that engage community leaders and key influencers in raising revenue for MDA.
- Build relationships and accountability systems to ensure supporters are engaged and our mission is clearly articulated.
- Manage expenses tied to Fill the Boot, and other fire fighter events, seeking to grow efficiencies and economy, wherever possible.
- Lead, co-lead and/or assist in Boot camp preparations in the Region as directed by the Regional Director.
- Assist as directed by NVP and/or RD any additional training needs for staff within the Region.
- Work with all spoke offices within Region to ensure staff are organized and attending IAFF state conventions, and other large regional fire fighter meetings to advance MDA’s mission and fundraising.
- Work with NVP, RD and National Volunteer position to develop a Regional volunteer platform for fire fighter events including training of volunteers for defined positions.
- Ensure there is a Fire fighter engagement plan and execution at all summer camps within Region.
- Prepare Region for all National call blitzes, implement additional call blitzes for Region in accordance with the national benchmark deadlines to ensure Region is meeting and exceeding goals.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
- Drive: Motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals and quotas. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with sponsors to meet business objectives.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly and informatively.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and 4+ years of demonstrated fundraising, sales and business development experience with a track record of successfully meeting quotas and surpassing expectations or equivalent combination of education and work experience in sales and/or fundraising.
- Ability to work independently and have high personal expectations of work product.
- Ability to travel throughout region as well as work evenings/weekends as necessary. Use of personal vehicle in the course of employment is needed to travel throughout the district. Significant local travel is required for this position; including visiting local business, sponsors, health care facilities, and events in public places. Valid drivers license required.
- Ability to manage budgets closely, both in income and expense.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please use the link provided to apply for this position