Details: Commensurate with Experience
1140 3rd Street Northeast
District of Columbia
Term Position Available (December 2018 – September 2019)
The Grants Officer position is responsible for recruiting, managing, and supporting grants awarded by the Humanities Council of Washington D.C. (HDC). This role works with other positions in the organization to identify grant applicants, encourage community organizations and individuals to apply for funding, release funding, ensure compliance, complete closeout procedures, and manage relationships with former grantees. This contractor position is for 15-20 hours per week. The position reports to the Deputy Director for Programs.
- Develops and executes an outreach approach to prospective grant applicants. This includes attendance at community events and individual meetings with prospective applicants.
- Conducts applications and review processes at least two months before grant deadline. This includes collecting data and communications opportunities from grants and distributing that information to appropriate staff or contractors.
- Supports a cohort of grantee project directors throughout the life of their grants.
- Organizes at least one topical capacity-building workshop for their cohort
- Ensures that completed, quality final products are delivered to HDC by the deadline
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of five years’ experience working with humanities-related topics.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong knowledge of the communities and neighborhoods of Washington, DC.
- Experience with one or more of the following: academic research, film and media production, museum studies, archives, education/curriculum development, or youth programming.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required