Details: Commensurate with experience. Competitive salary.
2185 North California Boulevard
Program Director for HOME MATCH Contra Costa County matches homeowners with an with home seekers based on similar preferences. The Director will conduct program development, community outreach, collaborate with partner organizations and work directly with homeowners and home seekers. This includes being a key spokesperson and representative of HOME MATCH by overseeing and conducting outreach initiatives and building relationships within the community to publicize the program. Fluent in Spanish or Chinese highly desirable.
- Develop and implement outreach efforts to promote the program in the community.
- Schedule and conduct presentations to educate the general public and housing service providers at a variety of forums such as meetings, events, housing fairs, workshops, etc.
- Assist in the development and distribution of promotional materials throughout the community.
- Conduct interviews, home visits, background checks, reference checks, and provide information about the program to clients.
- Screen clients for appropriateness for program participation and provide information and referrals on housing and other resources as appropriate.
- Utilize database to track client information and generate matches and create reports.
- Conduct follow-up mediation services as needed, to assist clients in maintaining a successful matches.
- General office duties as assigned, such as mailing, answering the telephone, digital media, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of socio and economic trends that impact population served.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work independently, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative, as well as work effectively and collaboratively within a team and with community partners.
- Excellent verbal, written, and public speaking skills (ability to speak and write fluently in Spanish or Chinese highly desirable).
- Demonstrated initiative in program development and providing outreach to various community stakeholders, including businesses, partners, potential clients, limited English speakers.
- Ability to negotiate and problem-solve with clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Interviewing skills and ability to assess client needs.
- Good organizational and time management skills and an ability to be flexible and set priorities.
- Experience in program development, building community partnerships, customer service and working with diverse populations desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products essential, publishing and digital media experience.
- HUD Certified Housing Counselor highly desirable.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of housing programs and resources in the Bay Area is a plus.
- 4 years of program management experience.
- Experience with public speaking and making presentations
- Experience working with a vulnerable population.
- Must have own vehicle and provide car insurance.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSA, 403(b) Retirement, and Fun Social Events!
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in Spanish or Chinese highly desirable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click this link to apply online.