Details: $20 - $25 per hour, 10 hours/week, schedule flexible.
901 Pelhamdale Avenue
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Pelham PACT Coalition (PACT) seeks a dynamic and collaborative leader to work with Pelham’s young people on youth-led projects in the community. The Youth Advocate will oversee the Youth Leadership Council, a group of active teens who coordinate projects, events, and campaigns in pursuit of a substance-free, youth agenda in the Pelham community. This person will actively seek skill-building opportunities to develop young people into community leaders, including the building of relationships with local organizations and community members, to provide them with opportunities, skills and role models. This person must have experience working with youth and a passion for their physical and emotional health.
PACT is a youth-centered community coalition whose goals are to:
- Elevate and empower young people through skill-building and opportunities;
- Inform and educate parents through data and resources that target stressors for young people;
- Connect and strengthen the community by centralizing all youth-related information in Pelham
The Youth Advocate is an integral part of elevating and empowering youth voice in Pelham. Through the oversight of the Youth Leadership Council (YLC) and summer internship program, the Youth Advocate ensures there is a place for youth ideas to be heard, skills to be developed and connections to be made. The Youth Advocate guides young people in Pelham as they grow their interest in and capacity for civic engagement and social action to make their community a better place.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Develop relationships with teenage youth in the community as well as the relevant youth-facing organizations. Specifically,
- Oversee Youth Leadership Council; regularly meet with teens and guide them in the presenting, planning, implementation, and evaluation of all teen events and initiatives; oversee maintenance of Pelham Loft website and social media updates
- Organize youth to establish philanthropy goals and priorities and guide them in building skills as social entrepreneurs in their own community.
- Mentor youth as they assume responsibilities in fundraising, budgeting, publicity and marketing, and website management.
- Initiate leadership trainings and other skill-building opportunities for youth
- Grow community partnerships in support of teen initiatives
- Integrate older youth with younger youth through mission-driven activities and collaborations with schools and other organizations.
- Strong rapport with teens, including the ability to recruit and maintain relationships.
- Knowledge of current trends in teen culture and social media.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Comfort level with including youth in decision-making.
- Ability to establish and execute plans among several stakeholders.
- Detail oriented and flexible.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
Evening and weekend work required to meet with youth and/or oversee events, as applicable. Oversight of summer internship (40 hours total over 5 weeks; schedule flexible). Must be able to work around teenagers’ schedules.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Only applications sent by email will be considered. To apply please provide:
2. Cover letter summarizing how your skills and background fit the position and how they would benefit PACT
Please send application to email@example.com. Pelham PACT is an EOE.