Details: Commensurate with skills and experience.
3215 Jimenez Hall
University of Maryland
The purpose of this position is to administer and manage the delivery of Projects in Arabic and Persian at the School of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures. These include a self-support program (the UMD Summer Institute) as well as externally funded programs – The Arabic Flagship Program, the Persian Flagship Program, and Project Global Officer. The position will provide grant management support to Flagship and Project GO PIs and provide administrative leadership for the Summer Institute. The position will collaborate closely with lead faculty and staff in successful delivery of innovative language and culture programs and providing excellent student support. The position also oversees recruitment and outreach plans, event planning and organization, supervises activities of each program’s staff in these areas and provides them with the necessary training.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of related administrative work experience in higher education or similar environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience in educational program management at similar levels of responsibility
- Sponsored research/grant experience within higher education or similar environment
- Experience in supervising and mentoring staff
- Experience in building relationships with external institutions, units, or individuals
- Professional experience with numbers, budgets and financial processes
- Excellent communication skills to successfully function in a diverse international community
- Excellent computer skills in standard office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Access)
- ORA Certification or equivalent Sponsored Research Certification
- Web design and social media technology experience
- Experience living, working, and/or studying abroad
- Experience in intensive language and culture programs or similar academic initiatives
- Some domestic and international travel required (one international, 2-3 domestic trips annually)
- Occasional weekend and evening work required
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Minimum Education Required