Details: Commensurate with experience.
67 Hunt Street
The Harold Grinspoon Foundation, a results-driven, entrepreneurial non-profit organization headquartered in Agawam, Massachusetts, is seeking a Program Officer to support the growth of PJ Library. This position will be based in New York or Western Massachusetts.
PJ Library, an award-winning Jewish family engagement program created by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, strengthens Jewish identities and serves as an outreach and family engagement vehicle for synagogues and Jewish organizations. In partnership with hundreds of philanthropists and Jewish organizations, PJ Library delivers the gift of free, high-quality Jewish books and music each month to families raising Jewish children ages six months through eight years.
PJ Library is a partnership between HGF and a local partner in more than 200 communities across North America. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Program Officer will be expected to manage the partnership between the Harold Grinspoon Foundation and a portfolio of 20-30 local PJ Library partners.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· In partnership with local partners, meet with current and potential PJ Library donors, and develop a portfolio of donors who support PJ on a local level
· Provide the support necessary – materials, training, statistics, and language - for local partners to raise the funds needed to run PJ Library.
· Support the Foundation in cultivating funds including event planning, donor presentations, mailings, and foundation relations.
· Identify and build relationships with major funders to be stewarded for national and international PJ Library needs.
Strategy and Operations
· Provide high-level advising to partner organizations on best-practices for programmatic implementation of PJ Library.
· Integrate feedback from partners and industry leaders to continuously improve PJ Library’s product and outreach services.
Relationship Management and Partnership Coordination
· Holds the overall relationship between HGF and the community, focusing on PJ Library and its complementary programs including PJ Goes to School, PJ Goes to Camp, and PJ Our Way.
· Ultimately responsible for the growth and continued financial stability of PJ Library in assigned partner communities.
· Manage and steward relationships with executive and development staff at existing organizational partners.
· Form ongoing communication with the program staff who run PJ Library on the ground, provide the training necessary to run an excellent program and attract new subscribers.
· Develop an implementation plan to strengthen PJ Library within each partner organization.
· Responsible for ensuring the local partner sends high quality and frequent communication with PJ Library families as well as creatively attracting new families to participate.
A successful candidate will:
· Have an entrepreneurial spirit and creative drive
· Have a minimum of 1-2 Years Fundraising Experience – should demonstrate fundraising success
· Bring strong presentation and interpersonal skills
· Be comfortable facilitating conversations and meetings with diverse groups
· Thrive within a fast-paced environment
· Adapt to change
· Be excited about participating in innovative community-building models
· Working with Federations, JCCs, synagogues and Jewish communal organizations
· Jewish outreach, engagement and programming
For more information about the program, visit www.hgf.org.
Commensurate with experience
Please email cover letter and résumé to:
The Harold Grinspoon Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are invited to apply.
Minimum Education Required