Full Time Temporary
Protégete Voter Registration Director
Deadline for submission: March 11, 2018
Work Schedule: Full-time, Temporary (through October 7th), Exempt
Conservation Colorado is seeking a Protégete Voter Registration Program Director based in Denver who has strong experience in management, elections, political organizing, voter registration and executing programs at scale. This person will oversee a two-office site-based voter registration effort. This will involve hiring, training and developing staff, as well as managing day-to-day activities necessary to successfully accomplish program goals. We are looking for a creative, motivated leader with an organizing background who is goal-driven and detail-oriented.
About Conservation Colorado:
Conservation Colorado works to protect Colorado’s environment and quality of life by mobilizing people and electing conservation-minded policy makers. We work closely with policy leaders, citizen activists, businesses and other allies, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the region. Over the last three election cycles, Conservation Colorado and our national partner LCVEF have established a track record of success running top-quality nonpartisan voter registration efforts. Together we have prioritized efforts to protect and promote voting rights as issues central to winning pro-conservation victories.
Conservation Colorado works to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social, and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color, among other key constituencies for the environment, is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that promote equity and inclusion.
The League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (LCVEF) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. Conservation Colorado and Protégete, in collaboration with our national partner LCVEF, advocates for strong environmental protections, and builds and amplifies the voices of communities of color and other key constituencies who are disproportionately impacted by environmental issues.
The Protegete Voter Registration Director, who reports to the Protegete Program Director, is responsible for the following:
● Directly oversee the Denver voter registration efforts by building a team of canvassers, recruiting from within the local community, training staff, and holding staff accountable for voter registration goals.
● Provide oversight to the Pueblo office director to ensure the Pueblo office is meeting its voter registration goals, including reviewing data nightly to monitor progress and flag potential problems.
● Develop, implement, and conduct customized training programs for the Colorado canvassers and Pueblo area director.
● Ensure the program is executed with the highest standards of accuracy and professionalism and all applicable laws are followed, including conducting onsite compliance reviews.
● Work closely with the Protégete Program director and other staff to set and accomplish program goals.
We are looking for an experienced campaigner who is results-focused, has outstanding interpersonal communication skills and is organized & meticulous.
● At least 2 years of experience running a large-scale voter registration effort, petition drive, or similar campaign efforts;
● Exceptional leadership, supervision, management and coaching skills including managing remote staff;
● Professionalism to act as a representative of Conservation Colorado & LCVEF in myriad situations and circumstances;
● Willingness to take directives and implement a complex program plan;
● A demonstrated ability of maintaining grace under pressure, handling multiple tasks at once, and setting and achieving goals in a fast-paced, ever changing, high-performance environment;
● Reliable, consistent, detail-oriented and self-motivated;
● Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture; and
● A complex understanding of priorities in communities of color, cultures and potential for effective civic engagement.
This position requires an ability to work evenings, weekends, and nontraditional hours. There will be extensive travel within Colorado.
Spanish/English bilingual is a skill we value, but it is not a requirement.
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. Includes health/dental benefits, retirement with match, paid time off program.
We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all Coloradans and to build as powerful a movement as we can. Recruiting staff that better reflects Colorado is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, race, ethnicity, geographies, political affiliation, and all other identities represented in Colorado or protected by law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Protégete Director, Hilda Nucete, at email@example.com with “Protégete Voter Registration Director” in the subject line by March 11th.