This position sits within the Telemarketing Team and reports to the Sr. Manager, Retention. The Telemarketing Team is part of the Development Department and is responsible for recruiting and developing monthly donors to support Amnesty International USA’s (AIUSA) human rights work by phoning existing and potential supporters and soliciting support.
The Development Department has an ambitious fundraising growth plan to maximize the amount of money raised for human rights work. The Telemarketing Assistant Manager plays a key role in achieving this through managing telemarketing campaigns, training and coaching staff and developing team leaders.
- Manage & grow reactivation, upgrade, debit Failure and welcome call campaigns.
- Monitor individual & team performance to ensure targets are achieved and training needs are identified.
- Feed into the telemarketing team planning and strategy as required.
- Manage Telemarketers.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and policy obligations, maintaining best practice.
- Maintain and update timesheets, and to highlight any inconsistencies or queries to the Retention Manager.
- Liaising with Retention Manager & Data Team to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of data, working with staff to rectify any data issues.
Staff Training & Management
- Assist in interviewing, onboarding and training staff
- Serve as manager when Retention Manager is out of the office
- Support, mentor and develop team leaders, ensuring they have the skills needed to be successful leaders.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining trackers, and other pertinent documentation.
- Lead from the front, calling campaigns at least 50% of the time.
- Through coaching, double ups and call-monitoring, ensure that calls are delivered according to the highest quality and meet AIUSA’s supporter care, fundraising and brand guidelines.
- Manage fundraisers based on their calling performance, attitude and results with the support of the Retention Manager. This will include informal feedback and counseling and review including, if necessary, terminating staff due to poor performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience motivating, incentivizing, coaching and training staff.
- 1+ years telemarketing experience.
- Experience managing staff to key performance indicators
- Experience planning and managing staff workloads.
- Analytical: Uses available information to make logical & sound judgments.
- Organized: Manages conflicting priorities to ensure objectives are achieved and deadlines met. Systematically plans projects to maximize performance and cost-effectiveness.
- Innovative: Contributes ideas, approaches and insights that enable innovation. Uses in-depth knowledge of supporters, the market and the charity sector to predict future trends.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to listen to and communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders
- IDEA: Commitment to making the workplace inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible for all.