5400 Saint Louis Avenue
WTTW (Chicago PBS) and WFMT (Classical radio) are seeking a Planned Giving Manager who is responsible for qualifying and fulfilling requests of our planned giving leads and assisting with the cultivation and stewardship of new and existing legacy society members. The position will include ongoing cultivation with various stakeholders including a mature and loyal donor segment, executors, trust officers, and attorneys, so strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills are essential. The Planned Giving Manager will report to the Senior Director, Planned & Major Gifts to support a collaborative planned giving program on behalf of WTTW and WFMT.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing and Stewardship
- Conduct donor prospect screening and perform initial donor qualification of planned giving leads to create pipeline.
- Coordinate and respond to inquiries generated from planned giving promotional materials.
- Manage planned giving marketing efforts including segmenting mailing lists, coordinating updates to website, on-air and member magazine ads.
- Assist in the execution of a meaningful stewardship program for members of the Newton N. Minow Founders Society (approx. 300 members).
- Create and implement stewardship communications for advisors quarterly.
- Event planning and execution, including annual advisor seminar, donor seminar, annual Newton N. Minow Founders Society appreciation event.
- Track, report and evaluate engagement with members of the Newton N. Minow Founders Society.
- Track and analyze all planed giving marketing results.
- Management of the notification process of planned gifts and track data entry to ensure proper recording in database.
- Responsible for administration process of estate and trust gifts to WTTW and WFMT.
- Responsible for gift annuity administration.
- Manage portfolio of 100-125 individual planned giving/major giving prospects. Recommend appropriate outright, planned, and blended gift options for prospects based on their financial and charitable goals; partner with the Development team to help maximize opportunities for major, planned and blended gifts.
- Solicit planned and major gifts including bequests, directed contributions through IRAs and retirement accounts and other vehicles.
- Participate in Development and other WTTW and WFMT events as necessary.
- Seek training necessary to remain current in knowledge of deferred giving issues and vehicles.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of development experience, preferably in planned giving.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills; must possess strong verbal and written communication skills with experience communicating with a mature donor audience/segment.
- Experience working cooperatively as a member of a team as well as independently with self-direction and ability to meet timelines.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated experience working independently and in conjunction with other professional fundraising staff
- Excellent organizational skills; proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects, exceed goals, and meet deadlines
- High level of integrity, excellent judgment and flexibility.
- Ability to listen well and conduct conversations surrounding sensitive/confidential topics.
- Capacity to synthesize complex technical, legal and financial information and summarize simply for colleagues.
- Intermediate computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events when necessary.
- Drives a vehicle.
- Knowledge of planned giving fundraising and familiarity with planned giving vehicles and trends.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud Team Approach.
- Commitment and enthusiasm for the WTTW and WFMT mission.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly on WTTW's website.