Details: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
312 North Record Avenue
About this Role
Collegiate Charter High School is currently seeking a strategic and dynamic Director of School Operations. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of School Operations (DSO) will lead all school-based work that does not directly relate to instruction or student behavior. The DSO is a cornerstone of the school’s model and will protect the principal from non-instructional obligations so that s/he can focus exclusively on student achievement and teacher professional development. The DSO will take on a variety of operational responsibilities from overseeing development and implementation of the school’s financial systems to gathering and analyzing school data to ensuring that the school has sufficient materials to equip its staff and serve its students. The DSO will also supervise a Student Services Manager and an Office Coordinator.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Director of School Operations will include but are not limited to:
Achievement-Oriented School Culture Champion: Create a positive, achievement-oriented, and structured learning environment that excites and invests students, motivating students to realize high academic and behavioral standards:
- Build community by investing families in students’ academic success and development of strong character and leadership traits.
- Hold all students accountable through implementing school’s code of conduct and positive behavior system during transitions, meals, trips, and school events.
- Exemplify Collegiate’s core values in all interactions with students, families, and adult team members.
- Implement with fidelity all shared systems at Collegiate (homework policy, behavior management system, uniform policy, etc.).
Budget & Finance
Work with the Executive Director and Principal to develop and manage the school’s budget:
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions and submit them to the school’s third-party finance staff for processing.
- Participate in monthly meetings to review/account for budget variances; monitor usage of the school credit card.
- Ensure adherence to school’s fiscal policies and procedures; participate in annual financial audit process by providing documentation as needed to auditors.
- Manage school purchasing process by placing orders with vendors, tracking delivery and maintaining inventory.
Student Recruitment & Enrollment
Project-plan and oversee all student recruitment and enrollment work:
- Liaise with high school placement team at partner middle schools.
- Oversee implementation of a robust community outreach and marketing plan.
- Ensure that the school opens and remains fully enrolled.
Build and operate best-in-class systems and protocols for all facets of school operations:
- Each year, prepare the campus for start-up/new school year by ordering furniture, equipment, and classroom supplies as well as ensuring that school services (i.e., student food services, student transportation services) are lined up and ready for action.
- Process new hires and maintain employee records to prepare the facility for occupation.
- Manage the tracking and follow up regarding teacher certification and employee benefits.
- With the support of the Executive Director, ensure compliance with all state, federal, and local employment laws and policies.
- Ensure the maintenance of campus facilities by managing relationship with the campus’ custodial personnel and third-party contracts for additional facilities support.
- Manage the school’s food and transportation services by coordinating with service providers and overseeing deliveries.
- Manage the school’s supply and asset inventory.
- Ensure the timely implementation of all items on Collegiate’s monthly operations calendar.
- Ensure that the school is adhering to all local compliance and reporting requirements, as per calendars and guidelines.
- Provide oversight of the planning and execution of school special events, such as field lessons, academic conferences, and graduation.
- Oversee the administration of all high-stakes exams.
- Disseminate progress reports to school staff and ensure the timely production of student report cards.
- Ensure that student records are properly maintained and updated at the school
Management and Leadership
Manage a team of developing operations professionals:
- Directly supervise the Student Services Manager and Office Coordinator.
- Actively serve on the school’s leadership team, which also includes the school’s Executive Director, Principal, Dean of School Culture and Director of College Counseling.
Experience, Mind Sets, Skills, and Qualifications
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to Collegiate’s mission, vision, and educational model
- Extremely high standards for student achievement
- High level of personal organization, planning, and follow-through
- Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, relentless optimism, and a “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
- At least 3 years of operations management experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication skills, especially with students and parents
- Adaptability and the patience to successfully navigate school start-up work
- Experience managing cross-functional teams to develop and implement systems and processes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of a growing organization
- Willingness to work autonomously, collaboratively, and/or under the direction of senior staff, as needed
- Acute attention to detail coupled with the ability to think and act strategically
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive 4-year college or university
Collegiate offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Strong command of written and oral English required; written and oral Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please email your resume and cover letter to Executive Director Vanessa Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org, and complete the online candidate application: www.collegiatecharterhighschooloflosangeles.org/candidate-application.